Kalvin Phillips

Anyone ever wonder why Phillips went down like a led balloon so much? Like, surely he isn’t THAT bad? You can’t help but feel that Pep just doesn’t like him but then he seems like a nice lad.

I remember we let him have that operation to be fit for the WC but then he came back overweight. I also recall he took a full 2 weeks off on holiday before returning to training despite barely playing before the WC and not playing at the WC either. I always had the feeling that could have pissed Pep off as it might not have sent the right message about wanting to play.

In general he looks a bit overwhelmed and happy to be here. We’ve not even seen much potential. With players that came good in their 2nd season, we at least saw flashes of what they could become earlier on in their City careers and they all at least acted as decent squad players before going to the next level.

Watching the late unchecked run into the box that led to his goal for England against the North Mac(c) lads I wonder if Pep could turn him into the next Ilkay.
Why not, but he would definitely have to play regular footy to find it out, here or somewhere else. Even without Master Pep.

Last edited:
Anyone ever wonder why Phillips went down like a led balloon so much? Like, surely he isn’t THAT bad? You can’t help but feel that Pep just doesn’t like him but then he seems like a nice lad.

I remember we let him have that operation to be fit for the WC but then he came back overweight. I also recall he took a full 2 weeks off on holiday before returning to training despite barely playing before the WC and not playing at the WC either. I always had the feeling that could have pissed Pep off as it might not have sent the right message about wanting to play.

In general he looks a bit overwhelmed and happy to be here. We’ve not even seen much potential. With players that came good in their 2nd season, we at least saw flashes of what they could become earlier on in their City careers and they all at least acted as decent squad players before going to the next level.

He's been unlucky with injuries but I feel the coaching staff have found problems with his mentality. Pep doesn't usually throw players under the bus like he did Kalvin after the World Cup and as of now it hasn't had the desired effect. At the start of last season I rated Phillips above Rice seeing them both for England but he just hasn't done owt for a whole year while Rice has improved again.

It's going to be sick when he turns up in preseason in top shape and starts bossing the midfield. Everything I saw from him after they started winning trophies told me he wants to be a big part of doing it again. I've learned my lesson on giving up on guys after one year so I'm just going to assume he's going to be the man going forward.

It's going to be sick when he turns up in preseason in top shape and starts bossing the midfield. Everything I saw from him after they started winning trophies told me he wants to be a big part of doing it again. I've learned my lesson on giving up on guys after one year so I'm just going to assume he's going to be the man going forward.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups……….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.