Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

b93d17512cc11b8a277db7ef31e5a8d34ef9d758.gif

539d1c1a2a8f7055dfe2a63b68575bdca8dab506.gifv

Just not involved at all whatever the circumstances. He needs to move on.

Must be difficult to be sat there watching as every other player gets on at some point. Even with late substitutions he doesn’t figure.

Can't agree. Pep gave him chances and found a player who was not even close to the technical ability required, not even at the level of our academy players. That isn't Pep's fault.
But Pep is seemingly willing to get rid of Cancelo at a loss to the club for his attitude and dressing room incidents.
Could he not do the same regarding Philips and his footballing involvement

i still like him as a player and he seems like he is a great bloke to have around but yeah, he probably just isnt a fit here, not comfortable enough on the ball and at reading the game. i reckon hes still worth a decent fee, being an England international and all that

If he doesnt wake up this morning knowing he has no future here,then he must either be living in cloud cuckoo land and/or he is thick as pigshit.

Take the massive hint Kalvin,playing for City aint for everyone........its no disgrace,so go and rebuild your career and reputation at West Ham

Nothing wrong imo with him not coming on tonight. McAtee was on for barely any time and Palmer is sort of in the shop window.

It's a loooooooong season.

Pep needs to take as much blame as anyone.

Pep signed Zlatan at a big fee too, but then kicked him to the curb when he wasn't able to grasp what Pep wanted on the field.

Pep wants a "top top top top top top top team" according to his quote in the all of northing documentary. He doesn't want "basics of footballs". He wants rocket scientists.

I just don't see Kalvin making the grade in advanced football calculus.

He wasn't ready to play last season, unfortunate for him but he's not the first to suffer an injury early missing the bedding in period then get fit and find himself unable to get minutes because they're not fully upto scratch with what pep wants and we don't have games where we can afford the risk.

I don't believe we should be using last season against him at all, the likes of rodri, grealish and ake and how their first seasons went should be enough for us to refuse to make snap judgements.

As I said myself, tonight is a game for him to come in for the last period, it's not a good sign that he didn't but it's 1 game in, and it's crazy to be making the kind of calls we're seeing here.
He was injury free before the World Cup, after which he came home, then went partying in NY, returning to training overweight. That wasn't unfortunate , it was idiotic, just like his "look at me" haircut & tatts.

Some on here say what a "nice lad" he is ; being a likeable character doesn't win games or titles. Thorough, relentless commitment to professional footballing excellence does, and his silly visit to NY , followed by his silly excuse afterwards , was the opposite of that.

It's clear he's unlikely to kick another ball for us, and soon enough, Pep's going to stop naming him as an unused sub , which I think he's been doing in order to let him repeatedly watch the other subs warm up & run on , in the hope that he gets the hint. It appears though , from his conduct, that Kalvin's a bit too damn thick to figure that out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.