Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

Rodri would have to be injured for him to come off. It simply wont happen so I don't really see any issue tbh.
These players would come off as DM before Phillips: Kovacic, Stones, Gvardiol, Lewis, Bernardo, Pep Guardiola as manager/player, asking Fernandinho to come back to be the DM and then Phillips

Not even coming on to give Rodri a rest when we are 3 up...

Yep looks like he is gone.

Quite concerning for the season that.

I really hope Pep rests him when he can this season because a repeat of last year plus a Euros next summer and I think we will see a burnt out footballer.

It’s a continuation of the trend from last season - Guardiola will literally play anybody apart from Kalvin Phillips.

Not sure how anybody can see it any differently to be honest.
He wasn't ready to play last season, unfortunate for him but he's not the first to suffer an injury early missing the bedding in period then get fit and find himself unable to get minutes because they're not fully upto scratch with what pep wants and we don't have games where we can afford the risk.

I don't believe we should be using last season against him at all, the likes of rodri, grealish and ake and how their first seasons went should be enough for us to refuse to make snap judgements.

As I said myself, tonight is a game for him to come in for the last period, it's not a good sign that he didn't but it's 1 game in, and it's crazy to be making the kind of calls we're seeing here.

Probably went over to Mcatee at the end smiling and buzzing for him.

Nothing against him as a person (he seems a great guy in fact) but surely at this point the lack of minutes is Pep's way of saying 'please accept these bids, we won't use you here'?

If so, I think the scouting department need to take the blame as much as Kalvin on this one. For me the biggest issues have been too many heavy touches and too many loose passes - surely good scouting would've identified this and ruled him out?

Nothing against him as a person (he seems a great guy in fact) but surely at this point the lack of minutes is Pep's way of saying 'please accept these bids, we won't use you here'?

If so, I think the scouting department need to take the blame as much as Kalvin on this one. For me the biggest issues have been too many heavy touches and too many loose passes - surely good scouting would've identified this and ruled him out?
Pep needs to take as much blame as anyone.

Bielsa clearly gave him rave reviews and his stats at Leeds were decent, probably 40m decent if we are looking at the fees of some players now but that apprenticeship under Bielsa would have swayed Pep over perhaps the other options offered by the club.

English, young, Bielsa trained, decent stats in a bad team. All good check marks for the lad. It just seemingly hasn't worked out

He wasn't ready to play last season, unfortunate for him but he's not the first to suffer an injury early missing the bedding in period then get fit and find himself unable to get minutes because they're not fully upto scratch with what pep wants and we don't have games where we can afford the risk.

I don't believe we should be using last season against him at all, the likes of rodri, grealish and ake and how their first seasons went should be enough for us to refuse to make snap judgements.

As I said myself, tonight is a game for him to come in for the last period, it's not a good sign that he didn't but it's 1 game in, and it's crazy to be making the kind of calls we're seeing here.

He’s been fit since January, and had countless training sessions to make an impression.

Pep won’t play him in anything other than games which are literally of zero significance, and chooses to play essentially anyone but him in games that matter.

The first season stuff is an easy and misguided narrative bought into by a dwindling number of posters on here and, seemingly, the lad himself.

Pep needs to take as much blame as anyone.

Can't agree. Pep gave him chances and found a player who was not even close to the technical ability required, not even at the level of our academy players. That isn't Pep's fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.