Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

You are basing that on 20 minutes of football in a game that is difficult play yourself into?

There are worse performances out there from established starting players.
I just can't see what type of player he is. Every time I've seen him which granted is not a lot for us he looks second best in a tackle, his passes are often under hit and he has zero pace to get back when we lose the ball and also can't press. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we shall see the usual second season bounce from Kalvin - he will be gone by January I reckon.

Lets see how he goes this season, hes had his 'trying to understand Peps tactics year off ' now, time to step up.
Hopefully he steps up
Sorry, but I see no signs of it, maybe in Carabao & FA Cup games, but we’ve got to hope (and perhaps pray) that Rodders stays fit again.

I'm normally an optimist when it comes to the chances of player coming good and I love a remeption storyline... But it simply ain't happening for Kalvin. We should cash in now while he still has any re-sale value

Why does he look so slow on the ball and without. Confidence looks shot to pieces.
Everything he does is in slow-motion. It’s like watching Ricky Holden play CM. He’s nothing like our level but that’s on us. We scouted him and bought him. He’s only ever looked half-decent in an ultra-defensive England team.

It’s hard to see how he ever makes it here, he will never be 1st choice and when he does get picked, it will likely be playing alongside a load of kids in the Carabao Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.