Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

Nothing wrong imo with him not coming on tonight. McAtee was on for barely any time and Palmer is sort of in the shop window.

It's a loooooooong season.
Hardly a good sign is it?

If he was going to play any sort of part in our season he would be getting minutes.

This is a very different situation to players under Pep that took time to settle and realize their role, Phillips simply looks lost on and off the pitch, he looks overwhelmed and for me he knows it to.

This guy needs to have the season of his life because Rodri cannot play every game and Phillips needs to kick on . I’d play him tonight tbh
Love him to come in even for one game and show some personality on the pitch, not seen anything yet to suggest he will, sadly.

Someone needs to slap him on the face when he comes on the pitch or give him the smelling salts they used to give the wrestlers when they were on the floor during Grandstand (younger forum members will have no idea what I am on about). This will improve his performance by 5% I am sure of it.
The kids do coke these days not smelling salts ;)

Someone needs to slap him on the face when he comes on the pitch or give him the smelling salts they used to give the wrestlers when they were on the floor during Grandstand (younger forum members will have no idea what I am on about). This will improve his performance by 5% I am sure of it.
Grandstand never showed wrestling, it wat ITVs World of Sport.
Yes, I am a FoC :)

I thought a lot of Philips comments post-season were delusional. Like he was trying to convince himself rather than his doubters. The comments about being "close to getting it" in regards to what Pep demands look a bit silly. I'm sure he is a nice guy but lacks in ability and mentality to play for City. The sooner he realizes that the better.

Despite having countless examples Bluemooners still fall for the trap that a player will never make it here. And don’t give me that point about “other players who eventually found their feet showed signs that they would come good unlike Kalvin.” I recall it was said about Nathan Ake that he wasn’t our level and he’d never come good.

We make this judgment call every time and we get it wrong every time. By now I thought we’d be humble to see how things pan out in the second season at the very least but no, we want to make the definitive judgement now.

Despite having countless examples Bluemooners still fall for the trap that a player will never make it here. And don’t give me that point about “other players who eventually found their feet showed signs that they would come good unlike Kalvin.” I recall it was said about Nathan Ake that he wasn’t our level and he’d never come good.

We make this judgment call every time and we get it wrong every time. By now I thought we’d be humble to see how things pan out in the second season at the very least but no, we want to make the definitive judgement now.
I don’t see many saying he isn’t good enough based on their own judgement of him. It’s more that the evidence overwhelmingly suggests Pep doesn’t trust him.
I mean to not give him 15 mins last night when the game was won - why?

I’m not sure as to what you have seen that makes you think he will suddenly break in. I’m not saying he isn’t good enough - I genuinely don’t know, as I haven’t seen him enough for us, as Pep clearly doesn’t rate him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.