Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched some of the obligatory YouTube clips (yes, I appreciate they don't give you full scope of players abilities, but they give a flavour) and I don't see anything exceptional about him. He can spray a good pass but the impression I get is that he needs time and a lot of space to make said passes. He looks a little ponderous. How quickly can the likes of Rodri, Bernie, Whippy, in fact all of our midfielders, manipulate a ball. Think of their touches and movement and compare and contrast with Phillips. It's night and day. He can put in a good tackle but in modern football the DM position requires more refinement. He seems a good player, nothing more, and would be incompatible in a Pep team. The likes of de Jong, Rice, and Tchoumeni are on the market; they'll come at a premium, but then they're superior footballers. We showed a ruthlessness bringing in Little Alf and I hope we continue in that vein.

This is all my opinion and maybe Pep will work wonders with him, he's done it before so I guess we'll have to see.

Phillips is such a downgrade on what we have it's ridiculous......Grealish was light years ahead of anyone else at Villa, and is a squad player at best, that's how few players realistically we're looking at ;)

Don’t see what the problem is with this lad coming. I didn’t see the hype about him until I saw him live in the flesh a few times (boss is a Leeds fan) I was very impressed. More like fern than most people think. Would be a perfect signing for me. We’re not going to get a player that good anywhere else who isn’t going to demand being first choice every week. Very much like Ake. Hopefully Leeds get relegated and we can get this sorted

Don’t see what the problem is with this lad coming. I didn’t see the hype about him until I saw him live in the flesh a few times (boss is a Leeds fan) I was very impressed. More like fern than most people think. Would be a perfect signing for me. We’re not going to get a player that good anywhere else who isn’t going to demand being first choice every week. Very much like Ake. Hopefully Leeds get relegated and we can get this sorted
What hype? There isn't any lol The only problem is he isn't very good.

He’s a good player but it’s a bit underwhelming going from heavy links to FDJ to him.

Maybe we will replace Jesus with Rodrigo (the one from Leeds, not Real) whilst we’re at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.