Kalvin Phillips

I wasnt calling him a ****, just an expression i use for most folk.
He's not a ****, he's not a good footballer either
Fair enough.

He is a good footballer, he’s just unlucky that he’s playing for a side where you need to be better than good to succeed.

Aside from the whole weight issue after the WC, which was blown massively out of proportion, I don’t think the lads done anything wrong.

He’s said all the right things, never bad mouthed the club or manager and seems popular with the players.

It probably won’t work out for him here as he doesn’t have the required skill set to cover Rodri. I don’t think Pep fancies him in another other position either.

If he goes to Liverpool then I won't be wishing him well. I won't be wishing him any harm either, but if he could produce for them what he's produced for us then I'd be delighted.

He comes over as a pleasant lad but the fact is, he's not good enough.
I can definitely see him moving on this window.

I wasnt calling him a ****, just an expression i use for most folk.
He's not a ****, he's not a good footballer either
He's a very good footballer, we wouldn't have bought him otherwise. What he hasn't done is manage to adapt his game to play as a single pivot in a Pep side. Very different to being a bad player and doesn't mean he can't be good player in a different team.

Would be surprised if Pep lets him go now.

He’s had all Summer to move and give us time to find a replacement but with the KDB injury, Rodri needing rest and general small squad then add on the fact he’d be leaving late in the window I just can’t see it happening.

I wouldn’t be against it, mind…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.