Kalvin Phillips

He’s literally tailor made for liverpoool’s midfield. If he goes there it would look weird as he can’t play Pep’s football but can run around and chase like a dog all day so would be a natural replacement for Henderson and media would have a field day saying we couldn’t get a song out of him but Klopp could etc.

Do not be surprised if we move for Salah. Can see it a mile away.

So would we be after two midfielders if he goes?
A world-class versatile one would do. Obviously, two would be ideal. A midfielder is a must, though, that's for sure. We could sign one and move Rico Lewis permanently to midfield.

Not a chance we're fetching that for him. He's damaged goods, and the world and his missus know we want shot of him. As I've already said, ~£30mil would be a dream.
It's been said that we'd fetch the fee we paid for him quite easily.

He would be good in Liverpool's midfield. They desperately need a profile like him. I would expect them to pay between 40 to 57m pounds. Hopefully closer to the higher side as they'll be desperate and buying from a direct rival.

I really wanted him to succeed here and if pep was willing to play him I would be completely behind keeping him. His biggest problem has been injuries and confidence.

But if Pep doesn't want to use him as an option to give rodri a rest for the last 20 mins at the very least (Burnley away 3-0 up with super cup and Newcastle coming up in the next 6 days) then what's the point of keeping him?

As for Liverpool, who cares about them? Kalvin Phillips is not going to be the silver bullet that puts them back in title winning contention. They were second best to a chaotic Chelsea side last week and weren't exactly convincing against Bournemouth.

We got him for 40 mil + they're twats (5mil) + they're sometimes a title threat (5mil) - we want him off our books so someone pep actually wants to play can be on our bench (5mil) = they can have him for 45 mil.

We have cover for rodri in kovacic, so we need a body who can play 8, box to box. Keep Mcatee if he will stay, then we have rodri, kovacic, foden, Bernardo, new player, Mcatee for before Xmas and you can add (injury concerns) kdb in after. 6 (7 including kdb) for 3 positions.

Summary, absolutely sell him to Liverpool. Best for our season to get him off the books If pep won't trust him and if Liverpool challenge with him, they probably would have done anyway. I'm fine with their starting DM being Phillips compared to ours in rodri lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.