Kalvin Phillips

He’s literally tailor made for liverpoool’s midfield. If he goes there it would look weird as he can’t play Pep’s football but can run around and chase like a dog all day so would be a natural replacement for Henderson and media would have a field day saying we couldn’t get a song out of him but Klopp could etc.

Do not be surprised if we move for Salah. Can see it a mile away.

You might need glasses then.

Shame this hasn't worked out.

There's a talented player in there and he's clearly a lovely guy. I know someone who lives in the same building as him in Manchester and says he's always smiling, happy to chat, walking his dogs, etc. I think he loves being here as well - a bit overawed by it maybe but he got well involved during the treble celebrations and didn't just sit at the back. Everyone plays a part and even though he's not been on the pitch much he's no doubt lifted morale and spirits behind the scenes.

But it's obvious he's been hit badly by that recurring shoulder injury which means he won't get to the standards we require. He's slowed down a lot from his Leeds days and he seems uncomfortable whenever he's moving. Watching him actually reminds me of what happened to Negredo once he left City - his career was similarly hampered by almost the exact same injury at almost the exact same point in his career. You must just lose confidence in your body after something like that.

He's never complained, he's never moaned - I think it's just the case that sometimes transfers don't work out. And when you've got arguably the world's best DM in competition with you, getting the minutes you need to build up any speed or momentum becomes even harder. I hope he gets his move this summer instead of having to hang around for another year so he can start playing again. But I wish him well if he does end up going. We'll always have this at the very least.

Lovely guy, not sure what that has to do with a footballer doing his job.

He could be a nasty bit of work and I would not care as long as on a matchday be busted his guts in our shirt, not sat on a bench smiling.

Bit worried he could be good for them, much as it hasn’t worked out for him here and we’d be happy to move him on?
Nothing against the lad. There is the chance he may just not be able to do what is required. Would love him to turn it around, seems a bit unlikely though.

Pep would play Kovacic there and move Bernardo to midfield. He would play anyone but Kalvin. The likes of McAtee or Gomez would play ahead of him. The message is crystal clear. Pep doesn't trust him. He is a great player but just doesn't fit Pep's vision/our style.
That was pretty much my thinking.
Seems a nice enough lad, and well liked in the dressing room, but his ship has sailed with us.

that's harsh, he always seems like he has integrated into the City squad well, also seems proud to be in there, maybe not playing for us but that doesn't make him a ****.
I obviously posted incorrectly, i again, didnt mean hes a ****, hes not.
I, ve deleted my post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.