Kalvin Phillips

Your final paragraph sums the problem with Phillips up. Unfortunately from his perspective, he was bought to back up a player who has developed into an absolute world beater over the last 2 years. As such the drop off in replacing Rodri with Phillips is huge and seems too much for Pep to bare. It is a vicious circle, compounded by injury, and he needs to go. Where that leaves us in terms of giving Rodri a rest occasionally I’m not sure.
Yeah, I do feel for him a bit in the sense that he is competing with a guy who is the best in his position in world football and he has been unlucky with injuries. It does seem like a parting of ways is best for both parties now though.

This is such a crazy situation to me. Pep has had signings he clearly didn't fancy before, like say Ferran Torres or danilo or whatever but they would get minutes as rotation options and off the bench, but the absolute refusal to play phillips at all in anything but dead minutes is unprecedented, and I'd be super curious about what has actually happened here that's made pep think Phillips is a competition winner.

Great character and looks a nice lad but I can’t help but resent him for being unable to help Rodri out by resting him. He just seems to be an extra body on the bench.

We don’t get many signings wrong but can’t help but think what a fuck up this one has been. Whenever I’ve seen him play for us which has been virtually never he just doesn’t look comfortable at all. After seeing lavia go to chelsea surely we could have kept the lad and brought him through and saved ourselves 42 million quid!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.