Kalvin Phillips

I get that. I saw his first couple of games, but we all saw his last couple of games and they were different. Compared to the first few, there was less dilly dallying in the latter games and spreading out the passes and getting into the latter third too.

I'm good to wait and see with his 'condition' at pre-season.

Maybe I don't like knocking City players and always have high hopes for them unless I can see they don't give a shit (which is why I went off Tevez).
Could go either way with phillips, but i agree with you that we saw more from him the last few games.

i recall one pass particularly v brighton where the ball cam at him from the goalie and he pinged it first time through a couple of brighton players to the right back. It was. A pretty high risk pass but a pass rodri makes 10x a game, however, it was the first time id seen phillips not just try it but execute it confidently.

gave me a little hope for him.

No......and it might just be the worst angle of 100 other shots......but neither does he look anywhere near peak condition,he looks like the average Joe.

This kid needs not to provide any excuses after the season he has just had.
Seems he's back in training.

He has returned to training earlier than his colleagues, bidding to make up for lost time.

That's one way to get in Pep's good books. Pep can overanalyse a lot of things and focus on the minute details (what makes him the best) but a player showing he wants to be here and working hard is up there with his most-loved personality trait based on past comments.

Looking forward to seeing Phillips next season.

As much as I like this chap as someone I could share a pint with - he is just not good enough for our squad. He was a poor buy, panicked by concern Rodri might get injured. He didn’t, and now we have Kovacic.
it’s not as if he could be converted to cover any other position as I’m afraid his basic skill set just isn’t there.
I couldn’t understand the ferore when he played for England. He has no first touch, no awareness of play around him, he isn’t progressive, he’s not good in the air and can’t shoot - other than that he‘d be good company on the lash.
what we have here, is a basic jobbing overrated English player who should be playing for a middle of the road side.

As much as I like this chap as someone I could share a pint with - he is just not good enough for our squad. He was a poor buy, panicked by concern Rodri might get injured. He didn’t, and now we have Kovacic.
it’s not as if he could be converted to cover any other position as I’m afraid his basic skill set just isn’t there.
I couldn’t understand the ferore when he played for England. He has no first touch, no awareness of play around him, he isn’t progressiv, he’s not good in the air and can’t shoot - other than that hee be good company on the lash.
what we have here, is a basic jobbing overrated English player who should be playing for a middle of the road side.

There are vacancies in Pep's management team following recent departures, so I'm sure all in-depth assessments will be welcome.

I couldn’t understand the ferore when he played for England. He has no first touch, no awareness of play around him, he isn’t progressive, he’s not good in the air and can’t shoot - other than that he‘d be good company on the lash.

A bunch of waste of post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.