Kalvin Phillips

As much as I like this chap as someone I could share a pint with - he is just not good enough for our squad. He was a poor buy, panicked by concern Rodri might get injured. He didn’t, and now we have Kovacic.
it’s not as if he could be converted to cover any other position as I’m afraid his basic skill set just isn’t there.
I couldn’t understand the ferore when he played for England. He has no first touch, no awareness of play around him, he isn’t progressive, he’s not good in the air and can’t shoot - other than that he‘d be good company on the lash.
what we have here, is a basic jobbing overrated English player who should be playing for a middle of the road side.
OK then mate, we'd better sell him. Thanks for your assessment, I've forwarded it to Pep & that Txiki bloke :)

OK then mate, we'd better sell him. Thanks for your assessment, I've forwarded it to Pep & that Txiki bloke :)
Yes, we should. On that we agree, or swap him for someone useful. Pep clearly doesn’t rate him as he had plenty of opportunity to use him and chose not to, even in games that didn’t matter.

Fitness levels are one thing (but turning up unfit like he did is inexcusable when its your job)

Technical ability is however a completely different thing.....does he have enough of it? Time will tell and I reckon he will get this season. From the bits we have seen he doesnt look anywhere near the level required BUT maybe he needs time....
One thing I do like about him is his aggression - he aint afraid of a tackle and putting his foot in but its just a question of whether he is good enough once he has the ball and also does he have the footballing intelligence to be int he right place at the right time like Rodri

Fitness levels are one thing (but turning up unfit like he did is inexcusable when its your job)

Technical ability is however a completely different thing.....does he have enough of it? Time will tell and I reckon he will get this season. From the bits we have seen he doesnt look anywhere near the level required BUT maybe he needs time....
One thing I do like about him is his aggression - he aint afraid of a tackle and putting his foot in but its just a question of whether he is good enough once he has the ball and also does he have the footballing intelligence to be int he right place at the right time like Rodri
Pictures will begin emerging now they are back in training,it will be interesting to see his current state.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.