Kalvin Phillips

I would just take a hit...

I’d send him out on loan for the rest of his contract.
Any fee we’d get if we sold him, most of it would go to him from the sounds of it.
I see a real lack of effort and desire from him on the pitch and he’s seems happy plodding along and picking up his big fat cheque.
He says he wants to stay and fight for his place but so far he hasn’t shown that
For me right now it’s not about lack of ability it’s about lack of effort.
You will never hear me criticise darius vassell.
A player who lacked ability by today’s standards but every time that man stepped on the pitch he gave his all.
He’s beginning to annoy me if you can’t tell.

I’d send him out on loan for the rest of his contract.
Any fee we’d get if we sold him, most of it would go to him from the sounds of it.
I see a real lack of effort and desire from him on the pitch and he’s seems happy plodding along and picking up his big fat cheque.
He says he wants to stay and fight for his place but so far he hasn’t shown that
For me right now it’s not about lack of ability it’s about lack of effort.
You will never hear me criticise darius vassell.
A player who lacked ability by today’s standards but every time that man stepped on the pitch he gave his all.
He’s beginning to annoy me if you can’t tell.
Lol

He won't move for half his pay unless we sweeten the deal.

The man is owed 36: million over 5 yrars. He is not going to switch to a mid table club and make 10 million over the same period.

That's losing over half the value of the contract City signed. If we want him to move, we have to make it worth his while.

No way thean leaves 20-26 million on the table.
I’m not suggesting that he would willingly give up 20-25m in order to leave.

City would inevitably have to sweeten the deal and pay the vast majority of the difference between his current contract and the one at his next club. My argument is that he would very likely be earning more than half of his current wage at his next club - an assumption of him only earning half his current wage seems very arbitrary - and so the cost to City would reduce in turn.

If he earns 110k at his next club that would be a c10m loss over his remaining contract relative to what he’s supposed to earn at City. If he was offered 6 or 7m by City to leave - and doesn’t have to sit on the bench for five years to accrue that figure - then that’s a hell of a pay day given the potential for him to move on again after a few years and get back to the sort of money he’s on at the moment.

So I don’t buy into this 20 to 25m figure to get him to move on.

I’m not suggesting that he would willingly give up 20-25m in order to leave.

City would inevitably have to sweeten the deal and pay the vast majority of the difference between his current contract and the one at his next club. My argument is that he would very likely be earning more than half of his current wage at his next club - an assumption of him only earning half his current wage seems very arbitrary - and so the cost to City would reduce in turn.

If he earns 110k at his next club that would be a c10m loss over his remaining contract relative to what he’s supposed to earn at City. If he was offered 6 or 7m by City to leave - and doesn’t have to sit on the bench for five years to accrue that figure - then that’s a hell of a pay day given the potential for him to move on again after a few years and get back to the sort of money he’s on at the moment.

So I don’t buy into this 20 to 25m figure to get him to move on.
Ho many clubs pay players at a 100 thousand or more a week. Not too many.

This is reckless, irresponsible and totally uncalled for.

Tolmie has been on a slippery slope last few weeks, going full twitter now. It has gone to his head, shame, taking it out on City players.
I'm not one of the more sympathetic fans when it comes to Phillips' situation, but I certainly agree with you. It's not especially helpful or insightful, and only creates bitterness and hostility towards Phillips.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.