Kalvin Phillips

I feel a tad more confident with the Kovacic signing.......but its still very surprising we are heading into the new season with him as the main Rodri back up,its a fucking massive gamble.

Watched the Kalvin Phillips Amazon doc last night. He comes across as a nice, humble guy, a little shy also. It did leave me hoping that it works out for him here, although I've always had big doubts about that.

If he is going to stay and be a part of things, Pep needs to give him a start in one of the first 4 or 5 league matches. There's no point waiting longer, he needs a chance in a proper match to feel part of things and to allow him to show if he is or isn't good enough.

You're correct, they were practically undroppable. However, going off Kalvin's displays, nothing was likely to change.

Something has to happen with him. He wasn't doing anything to make Pep's choices more difficult - and that's what he needed/needs to be doing.
Really fine margins though. He was never going to seamlessly drop into that team the way we were playing.

The minutes he got he did the basics well and didn't look too far off the pace at all. I hope he can kick on in preseason and earn his place in the starting 11.

As long as Rodri has one leg....that aint happening.

Yeah, probably. If he doesn't get a game in the first 5 I'd say that we know he'll just be treated as backup, not even really a rotation option. If that's the case we'll not improve him and we'll just have to keep praying that Rodri never gets injured.

Yeah, probably. If he doesn't get a game in the first 5 I'd say that we know he'll just be treated as backup, not even really a rotation option. If that's the case we'll not improve him and we'll just have to keep praying that Rodri never gets injured.
Yep

‘Training time in Tokyo’… Not sure City really needed to post that pic of the lad!! ffs..

Attachments

• IMG_3849.jpeg
    IMG_3849.jpeg
    479.6 KB · Views: 79
Watched the Kalvin Phillips Amazon doc last night. He comes across as a nice, humble guy, a little shy also. It did leave me hoping that it works out for him here, although I've always had big doubts about that.

If he is going to stay and be a part of things, Pep needs to give him a start in one of the first 4 or 5 league matches. There's no point waiting longer, he needs a chance in a proper match to feel part of things and to allow him to show if he is or isn't good enough.
Let me set your mind at rest - he is not good enough. My postie is a nice humble guy too, but I couldn’t in all honesty be recommending him to Pep on that basis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.