Kalvin Phillips

I agree with you, signs are not there with Kalvin who hasn't been tested properly for whatever reason - not helped with the weight comment which seemed to start the pile on.
I'm not going to fly the flag for him but I find the harshness of criticism rather mean.
LOL. He was tested hundreds of times in training.
As if Pep tests players in PL matches.

And we know that how? Seriously I’m intrigued how there seems to be a lot of certainty about his lack of professionalism. If it were as bad as suggested, we’d have grounds for contract termination.
I mean Guardiola literally called him out publicly for his lack of professionalism and has clearly never trusted him since.

I'll repeat.....he has not kept himself in best condition,and the fact Pep is largely ignoring him speaks volumes.

Still time for the penny to drop,and he finds himself a club where his ability is more suited and he can get hs career back on track.

Ok you repeated it, it must be right.

I’m genuinely interested in seeing some proof of this and if it comes, I’ll gladly swap sides on this. But i only read hearsay and gossip. Pep ignores Gomez and has ignored others. Maybe it’s about ability not training ethic.

I mean Guardiola literally called him out publicly for his lack of professionalism and has clearly never trusted him since.
Calling him out once 9 months ago over a minor issue, is that really enough to still call him unprofessional? He might not be cutting it but its an unfair permanent label imo.

How is not his fault? All he's done is prance about the pitch like a bun head ballet dancer from swan lake. And us supporters who go through the turnstile parting with cash (some can hardly afford) gives them a right to be angry, especially when they've been grafting at work all week. Phillips is not earning his big fat salary or trying to earn it! And his couldn't give a fuck demeanor pisses me off tbh.

Oh give it a fucking rest, Jesus fucking Christ.

Ok you repeated it, it must be right.

I’m genuinely interested in seeing some proof of this and if it comes, I’ll gladly swap sides on this. But i only read hearsay and gossip. Pep ignores Gomez and has ignored others. Maybe it’s about ability not training ethic.

Fuck all to do with being right,it was the simple fact id given my thinking previously and you,for some odd reason,asked again.

Even know,it seems its not sinking in.......he returned to training in a condition that was not in keeping with our standards,and with plenty to prove.....that was unacceptable.

Stones has been as out of favour as Phillips is before now.

I can't really say if he can reach our level or not, or at least be enough to contribute but I do think Phillips at his Leeds peak could have been enough to offer something for us.

Wouldn't be shocked if he's gone tomorrow but also wouldn't be shocked if he does fine in a Fernando/Javi Garcia mould for a couple of seasons.

He's definitely not so bad he should never be given a chance, but you do wonder when it'll come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.