Kalvin Phillips

Maybe all these, post take over fans should be fecked off as well. After all, they didn't suffer like hard-core fans of the 80s 90s and beginning of the 21st century.

Some of the comments about him not deserving a medal are plain ridiculous. Phil Foden got a medal in 2017/18 and played less than 10 games. Didn't hear any comments about that at the time. But then he's one of our own, and Kalvin isn't

Some of you wouldn't have survived the 80s and 90s
I've been going to games from 72/73 season so I've seen all the ups and downs since then. I don't see my comment as ridiculous. Phillips has done next to fuck all to deserve them, tantamount to several royals when displaying their medals without having earned them.

Nobody is saying that Phillips didn't meet the criteria for receiving a medal. Just like Scott Carson or Sergio Gomez met the criteria. And if that's your standard for "deserving it", then that's fine. But let's not pretend like Phillips played a single meaningful minute for us last season.
You understand the concept of "team game"?

Carson is on a fifth of the wage Philips is stealing,he is also a link between players and the coaching staff.His presence is a big factor in our togetherness and squad contentment.

And is an easy target for certain posters ............at every opportunity .

Bit like petulant foot stamping imo,

Thats nonsense,the lad has not kept himself in peak physical condition for starters.....he clearly could and should have applied himself more.

As for the medals.....no anger......but i do find is behaviour,when he has contributed fuck all to winning them,very odd.Personally id be keeping my head down and concentrating on ensuring i did contribute to the next batch.
Im pretty sure thats just his personality, you want him to be something else?

Don’t understand people getting angry at his medals lol. We signed him, we tied ourselves into the contract. It’s our fault, not his. Good luck to him.
How is not his fault? All he's done is prance about the pitch like a bun head ballet dancer from swan lake. And us supporters who go through the turnstile parting with cash (some can hardly afford) gives them a right to be angry, especially when they've been grafting at work all week. Phillips is not earning his big fat salary or trying to earn it! And his couldn't give a fuck demeanor pisses me off tbh.

scott carson is ultra professional, there will be quite a few players who don't get the games they think they deserve scott gets them through it with his attitude, he isn't kept for a laugh, every club needs those players, he earns his money or wouldn't be near the squad.

we don't do things by halves at the club, everything and everyone has a purpose.

He gets £30k a week....

Value for money...? Not in my opinion, but hey ho, that's modern football.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he started today , it’s these type of games he should be starting , newly promoted club , give Rodri a rest , if Pep hasn’t the confidence to start him against the likes of Sheffield,Luton etc then he just doesn’t fancy him surely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.