Kalvin Phillips

I can't figure this one out at all. He's clearly not a bad player, he's shown enough at Leeds and for England to suggest he can play quite a bit. I just think that if you can't get a game at Sheff United away then when will he? I'm not saying Rodri needs a rest, but he can't be expected to play every single game.
I don't think however good Phillips or any potential replacement is we would have rested Rodri. Early season when the matches are a week apart matches help build fitness and match fitness. It's later on when we play CL and PL matches in the same week when we need to avoid cumulative fatigue.

when he has played he looks like hes got 6 inch studs,running in quick sand

The lad is backing himself to get in the best team in the world. We should be getting behind him
Is he really though? I thought the same when he came back for pre season but he hasn't shown anything to suggest he can even cover rodri in that league cup. The time for backing yourself is pre season surely.I think he knows he'd have to take a pay cut and is collecting his wage! Time to move on for his own career!

Is he really though? I thought the same when he came back for pre season but he hasn't shown anything to suggest he can even cover rodri in that league cup. The time for backing yourself is pre season surely.I think he knows he'd have to take a pay cut and is collecting his wage! Time to move on for his own career!

Keep reading reports he wants to stay,so he must not like playing football these days,happy to sit and pick up his wages and a few medals,I'd like to think one day (soon) he get's a chance and takes it......problem is getting the chance in the first place.

Keep reading reports he wants to stay,so he must not like playing football these days,happy to sit and pick up his wages and a few medals,I'd like to think one day (soon) he get's a chance and takes it......problem is getting the chance in the first place.
He gets his chance every day in training. Rico Lewis is ahead of him and were after a new midfielder. The writings on the wall for Phillips!

Yes he is backing himself and he won't be taking a pay cut if he moves on. Money is definitely not the motivation. Personally don't see him making it at City but hope I'm wrong and I applaud him for trying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.