Kalvin Phillips

Time to get behind Kalvin and hope when he plays he can impress enough and help the team be successful when we need him.

This is nonsense.

No one wants him to fail,but the lad has to start earning his incredible wage.

I aint going to get behind him just because he's a lovely lad with a great smile.

This is nonsense.

No one wants him to fail,but the lad has to start earning his incredible wage.

I aint going to get behind him just because he's a lovely lad with a great smile.
You’re right, no one wants him to fail. And I’m of the belief that if he had a brain, was well advised, or had professional pride he would leave.

But for you to say “the lad has to earn his incredible wage” - well that bit is nonsense. If he isn’t being played he doesn’t have much choice, and will never meet your expectations of earning his wage. If it comes to light he doesn’t train hard, then yeah. But ultimately if he is working his arse off but isn’t getting picked then we can’t knock him - he just isn’t good enough.

You’re right, no one wants him to fail. And I’m of the belief that if he had a brain, was well advised, or had professional pride he would leave.

But for you to say “the lad has to earn his incredible wage” - well that bit is nonsense. If he isn’t being played he doesn’t have much choice, and will never meet your expectations of earning his wage. If it comes to light he doesn’t train hard, then yeah. But ultimately if he is working his arse off but isn’t getting picked then we can’t knock him - he just isn’t good enough.

He can play football,he showed that at Leeds and he has shown it for England,he has plenty of ability to do a job for us in games of lesser importance and yet Pep has chosen to leave him on the bench and bring on square pegs instead.......so draw your own conclusions as to why he isn't getting a game here.

He can play football,he showed that at Leeds and he has shown it for England,he has plenty of ability to do a job for us in games of lesser importance and yet Pep has chosen to leave him on the bench and bring on square pegs instead.......so draw your own conclusions as to why he isn't getting a game here.
I think it probably is something more than ability, but we don’t know. The lack of game time is remarkable. I think he was toast as soon as Pep called him overweight.
But a poor attitude in training normally ends up getting leaked, and there has been no rumour of that as far as I’m aware.

So from what I’m seeing Pep just thinks he’s shit.

Give Phillips a run of at least ten games. Then judge him. He’s been unfairly ridiculed by some on here. Definitely a player in him, and god forbid if we do get an injury crisis we may need him.
That's a Good one. If you give him a run of 10 games you can kiss goodbye to any trophy this Season. Whether he's a decent player or not, (which I don't think he is) he is and has been completely useless to us. A dreadful signing that were going to have to write off.

Give Phillips a run of at least ten games. Then judge him. He’s been unfairly ridiculed by some on here. Definitely a player in him, and god forbid if we do get an injury crisis we may need him.
According to Baghead he and Henderson are the only English top level 'pivots', if that's the case I think he should be relieved ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.