Kalvin Phillips

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the midfield suffers injuries, and you'd rather have an England international step in, than have to play an academy player or someone out of position, to cover. Kalvin Phillips could be the player that steady's the ship, keeps the team ticking over during a bad spate of injuries.

The problem with this situation is, I think Pep will player an academy player or someone out of position to cover - it's what he did last season.

I agree, we handled the whole situation badly.
The problem with this signing was, it cost us £40+m and we lost Lavia.
We should've told Lavia what he wanted to hear, that he would get more playing time etc and i think that wouldn't be a stretch, as we all noticed very early on that the lad could play!

We're stuck with Phillips now though, so hopefully the light goes on and he steps his game and helps this team on the pitch.
Lavia for far too many on here has become some sort of footballing god for some reason.

He was allowed to leave without much of a fight to Southampton, did well but he was relegated in one of the poorest teams seen in the PL.

Time will tell if he makes it to elite level, but let's get his present ability into some sort of prospective and reality.

Football's a funny old game, he's chosen to coast through the season picking up his cash/fight to get in the team* who knows what the end game will be?

We could be singing his name from the rooftops next May.

*Delete as appropriate

Lavia for far too many on here has become some sort of footballing god for some reason.

He was allowed to leave without much of a fight to Southampton, did well but he was relegated in one of the poorest teams seen in the PL.

Time will tell if he makes it to elite level, but let's get his present ability into some sort of prospective and reality.

He was also held up as having had an amazing season next to Ward Prowse who looked completely shot.

Fast forward to this season and suddenly Ward Prowse looks as good as Rice did in West Ham’s set up.

So perhaps Ward Prowse wasn’t as poor as many thought and if that’s the case Lavia couldn’t have been as good as many think.

It can’t be both.

Football's a funny old game, he's chosen to coast through the season picking up his cash/fight to get in the team* who knows what the end game will be?

We could be singing his name from the rooftops next May.

*Delete as appropriate
You just never know so I can get on board with this view ( I’m an eternal optimist haha) I’ll support him now he’s staying with us.

He was also held up as having had an amazing season next to Ward Prowse who looked completely shot.

Fast forward to this season and suddenly Ward Prowse looks as good as Rice did in West Ham’s set up.

So perhaps Ward Prowse wasn’t as poor as many thought and if that’s the case Lavia couldn’t have been as good as many think.

It can’t be both.
Lavia is a very decent player, but that's it, decent is not good enough for us.

Time to get behind Kalvin and hope when he plays he can impress enough and help the team be successful when we need him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.