Kalvin Phillips

He might get some game time in the CL as we have an easy group.

I don’t know what people want really… “sad faces” who kick off every time they don’t play like the yapping twat that’s gone to Barca, and cost us Christ knows what in lost fees and whatever. Then there’s young lads who think they are better than they are walking rather than fighting for a spot Alternatively an England international signed on a 6 (six) year deal as back up to a player who is THE definition of the role he plays and virtually undroppable in key/must win games ( ie most of them) who is a happy smiling part of a winning squad, staff like him, team mates like him , doesn’t cause a shit storm and may well take his chances with us in the future..? Get behind him support the team - all of it.

Gone on loan by the end of the January window after a maximum of 10 minutes playing time by then.

He won't be getting any opportunities as the signings of Kovacic and Nunes have seen to that.

We can only look at ourselves really as we shouldn't have handed such a big contract to someone who was clearly only being brought in as a back-up. However, it's worth saying that it's impossible to get the recruitment right every single time and the Phillips signing is somewhat of an anomaly in the Pep era.
I agree, we handled the whole situation badly.
The problem with this signing was, it cost us £40+m and we lost Lavia.
We should've told Lavia what he wanted to hear, that he would get more playing time etc and i think that wouldn't be a stretch, as we all noticed very early on that the lad could play!

We're stuck with Phillips now though, so hopefully the light goes on and he steps his game and helps this team on the pitch.

I agree, we handled the whole situation badly.
The problem with this signing was, it cost us £40+m and we lost Lavia.
We should've told Lavia what he wanted to hear, that he would get more playing time etc and i think that wouldn't be a stretch, as we all noticed very early on that the lad could play!

We're stuck with Phillips now though, so hopefully the light goes on and he steps his game and helps this team on the pitch.
Iiíú⁶8

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the midfield suffers injuries, and you'd rather have an England international step in, than have to play an academy player or someone out of position, to cover. Kalvin Phillips could be the player that steady's the ship, keeps the team ticking over during a bad spate of injuries.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.