Kalvin Phillips

Do you think he played rubbish in this friendly, yes or no?
I again didn’t think he showed absolutely nothing worth of hope. You need to understand, he isn’t going to look like the worst player ever every time. He will have a pass or a moment every now and then. However, that isn’t enough. Every player should be part of the whole engine

In those games, Phillips finally played, made forward passes, not the safe stuff he did from the subs bench, joined in with the last third, had shots (hit the bar once) and got his confidence up.

For me, that's progression.

Phillips isn't here to replace Rodri. When Rodri goes off the formation changes cos, no matter who we have, there is no replacement for Rodri. We are back in our Yaya/ Fernandinho/ Silva phase for irreplaceable players and Rodri is next.

Some of our fans need to stop comparing players.
You do realize we did replace Fernandinho successfully, though?
Rodri, as great as he is, isn’t irreplaceable.
You’re hanging on to the moments you want to see and ignoring the rest. And don’t forget who we were playing.

I again didn’t think he showed absolutely nothing worth of hope. You need to understand, he isn’t going to look like the worst player ever every time. He will have a pass or a moment every now and then. However, that isn’t enough. Every player should be part of the whole engine

What an interesting statement that "he isn't going to look like the worst player every time" is! Almost contradictory to your argument!

What's "enough" to you? The only thing I see he needs is better, quicker decision making; whether to get out of a press or where to pass (which he's getting better at).

So, again, what's "enough"...?

You’re hanging on to the moments you want to see and ignoring the rest. And don’t forget who we were playing.

Tell me again how long it took Rodri to be this player...?

Either you'll have a point or I will.

What an interesting statement that "he isn't going to look like the worst player every time" is! Almost contradictory to your argument!
You are misquoting me. I said “he isn’t going to look like the worst player EVER every time”, because he did at times not even look like a footballer.

Tell me again how long it took Rodri to be this player...?

Either you'll have a point or I will.
Rodri was already a great footballer at Atletico and he took awhile to adapt to the PL pace. You take the Rodri’s worst performance in his entire time with us and it won’t match anything Phillips has delivered. It was also clear from the start that Pep always believed in him.

Plenty of teams would buy him, he’s a good player even if they didn’t we’d loan him and bring somebody in. You want somebody to come and back up Rodri and be anywhere near Rodri’s level, well that’s not happening.
You think we’d play or keep him just because we paid big money (it wasn’t, we’d easily get our money back) for him thats ridiculous, to think that’s why we ‘d keep him.
Pep knows it does he? good mind reading, well dodone
Plenty teams would buy him for sure for about 12 million. He was fully fit all second half of season and didnt feature dont have to be a mind reader to see pep doesnt rate him. You should crawl back out of kalvins arsehole

Phillips isn;t here to replace Rodri. Rodri was bought to replace Fernandinho.

You are misquoting me. I said “he isn’t going to look like the worst player EVER every time”, because he did at times not even look like a footballer.

Doesn't make your re-quoting any better. You're saying you think he's a bad player, but other players can be worse. By logic, it means he played well, at times, in comparison.

As I said "almost contradictory to your argument".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.