Kalvin Phillips

Kalvin has had a full season to adapt to the club and Pep's system. As far as I'm concerned, this is his make or break season. He's a talented player and I want him to do well, just like every player who puts on the City shirt. But as of right now, I'm not particularly optimistic about it, especially when competing against the likes of Rodri and Kovacic.

The Athletic gets to write an article about Philips behind paywal with the source of that said article is from this very thread.

Must be very nice and easy to get job like that.
Paywall? Really?

Not if you have an Android device and are prepared to install a modded app :) I've got full access to all features for free. Even for free I don't bother much but I had just seen that article before seeing it referenced in this thread.

Journalists refer to social media all the time. Bluemoon is no different to Twitter or Instagram in terms of a source.
These odious shills along with the rest of the US owned cartel client media usually prefer feed off each other. (eg TalkSport yesterday generating faux foam about their latest empty propaganda attack on us using the Athletic FOI request non story.)

Last edited:
These odious shills along with the rest of the US owned cartel client media usually prefer feed off each other. (eg TalkSport yesterday generating faux foam about their latest empty propaganda attack on us using the Athletic FOI request non story.)
True. I don’t get to read or listen to much of it as I actively try to ignore them.

Newspapers are still trying to find their relevance in the new media age. So fat, they’ve failed.

Just seen their goal from last night again. He’s tracking runners then stops on the edge of the penalty area. And I mean stops. Comes to a halt instead of sensing danger (obvious cross coming in) and seeing the back post overload.

Basic stuff like that is infuriating. Spray passes when you have time all you want but do the ugly side of the game too.
Just watched it, inexcusable not carrying on into the box . You wouldn’t want him in the trenches with you, it actually reminded me of Terence Trent last season when he stopped tracking his player and watched him waltz past.

Last edited:
Those saying give KP another chance, the real issue is… will Pep?

If he’s a starter against Wolves, which I hope, then he really has to seize the moment before he runs out of road. If overlooked, he can treat it as a metaphorical giant turd through the letterbox from the club.

Last edited:
Those saying give KP another chance, the real issue is… will Pep?

If he’s a starter against Wolves which I hope, then he really has to seize the moment before he runs out of road. If not selected, he can treat it as a metaphorical giant turd through the letterbox from the club.
I'd be very surprised if he was in the starting XI tomorrow.

I’m not betting against you; simply musing that it could be a pivotal moment for the lad either way.
Yeah, it'll be pretty damning for him if he doesn't start either of the PL games that Rodri is suspended for, but it seems a distinct possibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.