Kalvin Phillips

bollocks......we are allowed to criticise and Pep doesn't play him for a reason.

Phillips is free to move on and get game time elsewhere and I'd wish him all the best.

Thought you weren't saying any more?
This whipping boy nonsense concerning Kalvin Phillips is not true.

All clubs have a whipping boy but Kalvin is not that at our club, he is a player that a vast majority of our fan base can see is clearly not good enough even as a back up and there is absolutely nothing wrong in saying that. There is also an element of our support that simply won't accept any criticism of any employee of this club at anytime.

He is one of the very few Pep era signings that has simply not worked out, that's a simple fact.

Not getting on his case, and he's a decent enough player. But what strikes me about him is that he appears to have absolutely no invention in his passing. He can do a decent lateral pass on either side, five yards, ten yards max. Tidies up and passes back ok. But otherwise, let's be honest, offers little more than that. And sorry, but at the level City are at now, really, more is expected. You really see the difference with everyone around him. Forget Rodri. Aké can ping a forty yard pass over the heads of the opposing defence and right on to the foot of, say, Erling or Alvarez. It's rarer, but so can Akanji. Stones we don't need to talk about.
He's surrounded by very, very good players. And it shows. Pretty sure now that he'll move on.
You didn’t see the pass into Oscar bobb in the first half then

It’s like a throwback to 2021:

you’re comparing Rodri to Fernandinho?

Newsflash: different players play in different ways :)
Yes, two of those play differently to the other.
The categories are brilliantly and poor.

I'll let you fill the three players into the correct category.

I don't see him having a future with us. I just don't see how the pile on on him helps matters. Constructive criticism is always welcome; you could even say necessary. But there's a minority (at the moment) of posts on here about him that aren't particularly constructive. Stuff like "he's shit, get rid", or "what a waste of money" don't add much to the discussion, in my opinion. Maybe it's the happy clapper in me!
I agree. But given he seems to lack the positional intelligence, physicality, speed of thought, confidence and technical skill to perform the role he has been bought to perform, it’s perfectly valid to comment as such. Last night he performed 10% well, 10% woeful and 80% some way below the bar we would expect from our DM. It’s probably the most demanding role we have and there is no sign that he is up to it. Unfortunately some lack the vocabulary to be more explicit in their criticism But it makes it no less valid. If he suddenly improves then I think so will the assessment of his performance.

Last night proved to me that he looks ok when things are going well
But when under a bit of pressure he doesn’t cope - Very similar to sergio Gomes
Our style of play is top level and they don’t fit
I actually watched him for a couple of mins last night and thought his passing and movement looked class….but then I realised it was kovacic
At that point I felt bad but it just showed the difference in levels

I agree. But given he seems to lack the positional intelligence, physicality, speed of thought, confidence and technical skill to perform the role he has been bought to perform, it’s perfectly valid to comment as such. Last night he performed 10% well, 10% woeful and 80% some way below the bar we would expect from our DM. It’s probably the most demanding role we have and there is no sign that he is up to it. Unfortunately some lack the vocabulary to be more explicit in their criticism But it makes it no less valid. If he suddenly improves then I think so will the assessment of his performance.
For me he isn’t good enough with the ball, passing it quickly or without the ball, making space and offering an outlet.
He constantly stands pointing at someone else to pass to instead of showing himself
He looks over weight and sluggish tracking back
He would be fine at leeds, Everton, villa etc
He just isn’t good enough for us
The football intelligence thing is massive, he comes accross as very basic

It’s like a throwback to 2021:

you’re comparing Rodri to Fernandinho?

Newsflash: different players play in different ways :)
It's a good point. I don't think anyone could imagine that Rodri would be such a fantastic replacement for Fern but he has been. Not saying that Kalvin is going to be the same but I feel he needs to be cut a bit of slack by City fans getting on his case at every little perceived mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.