Kalvin Phillips

Big shame it's not worked out. Clearly was very talented once upon a time, just think the big shoulder injury has fucked him and he probably needs to go down a level as a result. Surprised that Liverpool were even linked with him, which shows you how desperate they are for a defensive midfielder.

A key thing for me though is that it seems like the other lads like him, which means he's good for morale. I imagine he's been important in the dressing room in ways we've not really seen. His on-field contributions will be forgotten quickly but it's not really anybody's fault. Sometimes transfers just don't work.

Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Kalvin at Leeds is the player we thought we were signing, and the player Pep thought he'd be for us, but that shoulder injury has really done a number on him. Didn't help his case that he came back from the World Cup overweight but Pep forgave him about that pretty quickly.
Stand by this really. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Shame this hasn't worked out.

There's a talented player in there and he's clearly a lovely guy. I know someone who lives in the same building as him in Manchester and says he's always smiling, happy to chat, walking his dogs, etc. I think he loves being here as well - a bit overawed by it maybe but he got well involved during the treble celebrations and didn't just sit at the back. Everyone plays a part and even though he's not been on the pitch much he's no doubt lifted morale and spirits behind the scenes.

But it's obvious he's been hit badly by that recurring shoulder injury which means he won't get to the standards we require. He's slowed down a lot from his Leeds days and he seems uncomfortable whenever he's moving. Watching him actually reminds me of what happened to Negredo once he left City - his career was similarly hampered by almost the exact same injury at almost the exact same point in his career. You must just lose confidence in your body after something like that.

He's never complained, he's never moaned - I think it's just the case that sometimes transfers don't work out. And when you've got arguably the world's best DM in competition with you, getting the minutes you need to build up any speed or momentum becomes even harder. I hope he gets his move this summer instead of having to hang around for another year so he can start playing again. But I wish him well if he does end up going.
And stand by this too.

The Bielsa factor here was massive for Pep. He probably raved about Phillips (and rightly given his performances under him) and not to mention that KP was England's POTY just before we got him.
I can't recall Philipps being England's POTY

I can't recall Philipps being England's POTY
He was good that year tbf.
1_GettyImages-1337506332.jpg

The subs on Bayern’s bench are looking too miserable presumably, so they want someone to address that.
Good chance he'd play for Bayern because he's a very good player, just not quite the right fit for us,but very few are.That's why finding a back up for Rodri is proving extremely difficult.

Good chance he'd play for Bayern because he's a very good player, just not quite the right fit for us,but very few are.That's why finding a back up for Rodri is proving extremely difficult.
He's not a very good player at all. If he was he'd get games, he's been a truly awful buy and the sooner he's replaced with someone who is fit for purpose the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.