Kalvin Phillips

Good chance he'd play for Bayern because he's a very good player, just not quite the right fit for us,but very few are.That's why finding a back up for Rodri is proving extremely difficult.
I don’t rate him personally but moving abroad - if Bayern’s interest is genuine - could actually be the best move for him.

Gives him a fresh start and would allow him to focus 100% on his football.

The past few weeks have shown how desperately we need a proper alternative to Rodri, and Phillips obviously isn’t that, so we need to get the situation sorted in January.

I don’t rate him personally but moving abroad - if Bayern’s interest is genuine - could actually be the best move for him.

Gives him a fresh start and would allow him to focus 100% on his football.

The past few weeks have shown how desperately we need a proper alternative to Rodri, and Phillips obviously isn’t that, so we need to get the situation sorted in January.
That's the issue though isn't it, Rodri is an essentila part of the team. Any player out there nearly as good as Rodri won't want to play second fiddle to Rodri. Any player that comes as back up won't be nearly as good.I've no idea who we could get, and maybe there isn't anyone and when Rodri doesn't play we need a different solution.

That's the issue though isn't it, Rodri is an essentila part of the team. Any player out there nearly as good as Rodri won't want to play second fiddle to Rodri. Any player that comes as back up won't be nearly as good.I've no idea who we could get, and maybe there isn't anyone and when Rodri doesn't play we need a different solution.
We’re not going to get any top player to play second fiddle, let alone play second fiddle to Rodri who is going to start 90%-plus games if available.

The only way to do it is to buy someone who can play alongside Rodri most of the time, and be able to do a decent job when Rodri is not available.

Guardiola said the other week that Rice could have done that job, and for me he’s still annoyed that we didn’t buy him. Not sure how many other players there are who could also do that job - maybe buying a very good young defensive midfielder could work, someone who could be shaped into the role and not expect to play every week.

Yes, a complete lack of understanding of the difference between a good DM,even a very good DM and a player that can play that position for a Pep team,and how pivotal that position is for Pep. There is a reason we coped without KDB and Gundndogan but find it very difficult to find a solution to no Rodri. It takes a very special player to do what Fernadinho and Rodri do for our team. Even without Phillips getting somebody that isn't a big drop off from Rodri will be very difficult.
Rodri is the best dm in the world, irrespective of the drop off in quality, I think it may be difficult to find a player who is prepared to have little game time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.