Kalvin Phillips

Phillips odds on with bookies to join Juventus in January.
Good move for him. Like it or not, he’s been ‘Ratnered’ by events and comments, and if we can’t imagine him playing for the team fourth in the league and with no defensive midfield to speak of, then why should other teams in the league imagine differently? The pace of the game in Italy will be suitable and allow him to rebuild his career, but Juventus will only have 19 Serie A games and cup matches, no Europe, so he may be reacquainted with the bench, especially with the title race so hot.

I'm not saying he was forced on Pep but one that wasn't in his thinking until they had gone through other targets first.

If Pep did want him as a top target that it is a rare mistake, can't think of any other like him.
Nolito, Torres, and Angelino were all unsatisfactory, for one reason or another, Danilo never quite ticked the boxes, and the less said about He who cannot be named the better. We’ve generally done well but Phillips has been quite something else. Perhaps we should commission Williams-Ellis to sculpt a bench as a folly in his memory…

Hope he goes abroad. Don't need another ex- choosing to have a big day playing City.

Phillips odds on with bookies to join Juventus in January.

Good move if he takes it.

It also kind of helps himself save face a little bit, not that he's probably too worried but I think dropping from Man City where you can't get a game at all down to some mid-table Premier League team is almost a sign of resigning yourself to the fact you're not good enough for a big club

But Juventus are a big club, just went top of Serie A tonight too. Seems an ideal move to me.

Nonsense.

City wont change a light bulb without Pep knowing.

He saw him at Leeds, had several hours of chats with Bielsa and thought he might be able to come in and do a job. Hasn't happened, is what it is and everyone will move on.

Pep said Txiki signed Doku and he didn't know anything about him.

It's in his press conferences..

Pep said Txiki signed Doku and he didn't know anything about him.

It's in his press conferences..
Pep says a lot of things mate, I wouldn't believe him if he said the sky was blue in a press conference. However,
This is what Doku said when he signed.

"The first contacts were at the end of the championship," Doku told RTL. "I'm not sure, as long as it's not concrete, I'm busy with football. It's not my job.
"I say to myself, 'Ah, that's good', but what is the project? That's the most important thing. Go somewhere where the project suits me, where I see myself playing. I wanted to know what my role was. That's what will attract me, being there and saying that I play for Manchester City.

"I spoke with the sports director, with the coach. That's the key moment. When the coach speaks to you, it's not just anyone. He explains to you what the project is, that he trusts you, what you want to hear. I found him quite sincere."

Pep must be losing his marbles if he can't remember chatting to Doku last summer, several weeks before we signed him.

It ‘s Pep’s way of saying to Phillips in public it’s time to move on mate, and to ‘play football’ at another club.
It's his way of saying your utter gash and are not fit to wear the shirt, but this is a business and you incredibly are a multi million pound asset and we want our money back so I won't destroy you in public.

Good move if he takes it.

It also kind of helps himself save face a little bit, not that he's probably too worried but I think dropping from Man City where you can't get a game at all down to some mid-table Premier League team is almost a sign of resigning yourself to the fact you're not good enough for a big club

But Juventus are a big club, just went top of Serie A tonight too. Seems an ideal move to me.
it's a bad move for the club tho, juventus is broke club like 90% of serie a, they will never pay his wages not to mention the transfer. club must sell him to whoever could pay for a full transfer, stop with this charity bollocks like what's happening right now with cancelo

it's a bad move for the club tho, juventus is broke club like 90% of serie a, they will never pay his wages not to mention the transfer. club must sell him to whoever could pay for a full transfer, stop with this charity bollocks like what's happening right now with cancelo
A loan move should the the last resort, has to be sold for hard cash, for me his career is fatally damaged and a poor loan would destroy his transfer value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.