Kalvin Phillips

Pep needs to shut the feck up, everything he's been saying lately is complete bullshit. You don't like him, don't play him, just don't go into the reasons, nobody forced you to explain yourself. Kalvin doesn't go around in media spouting crap about his position. To come out and say he doesn't see Kalvin in his vision of the formation he's been playing and then sit for 90 minutes and watch that horror show against Villa. How's the bloody vision of Stones - Rico holding the MF sitting with you Pep?

Pep needs to shut the feck up, everything he's been saying lately is complete bullshit. You don't like him, don't play him, just don't go into the reasons, nobody forced you to explain yourself. Kalvin doesn't go around in media spouting crap about his position. To come out and say he doesn't see Kalvin in his vision of the formation he's been playing and then sit for 90 minutes and watch that horror show against Villa. How's the bloody vision of Stones - Rico holding the MF sitting with you Pep?

I agree.

Pep is brilliant but every now and again he comes out with something in a press conference that just makes you want to bash your head against a wall. Like when he does his annual weird dig at the fans for no reason. Usually around this time of year.

Just not worked out for him.

No reason to slag him off for that.

He still gets picked for Engerland and will probably find a club that suits him better either on loan or permanent in January.
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts. Not sure how he can be accused of being a flop for failing to reach the ludicrous standards set by Pep. And who's to say he wouldn't, if he was given time*? Remember the "Plodri" comments in the 19/20 season? Or Ake's first season with us?

*can't see Kalvin getting that time, mind, given he can't get in the team at the moment. Pep seemingly doesn't trust him.

I agree.

Pep is brilliant but every now and again he comes out with something in a press conference that just makes you want to bash your head against a wall. Like when he does his annual weird dig at the fans for no reason. Usually around this time of year.
"Like when he does his annual weird dig at the fans for no reason"

It's called motivation and it works, he keeps everyone on his toes that what makes him and us serial winners.

The bullsh1t about Phillips is to protect a very expensive asset, incredibly we could make a profit on the player and all despite him doing absolutely nothing in our shirt.

We are wealthy but not stupid, we need every penny back on Phillips because come January I think we will be splashing serious cash to sort out this midfield weakness we now have.

"Like when he does his annual weird dig at the fans for no reason"

It's called motivation and it works, he keeps everyone on his toes that what makes him and us serial winners.

The bullsh1t about Phillips is to protect a very expensive asset, incredibly we could make a profit on the player and all despite him doing absolutely nothing in our shirt.
Concur on the motivational points, as he dug his spurs into the players, himself, and the club hierarchy, but his ‘visualisation’ and ‘more than happy if he remains‘ comments were simply incompatible. We might as well put Troy Hawke from the Greeter’s Guild on the bench if we value a smile and cheerfulness that highly. I’ve long accepted that we’re unlikely to recover our outlay on Phillips never mind turn a profit. Wonder what he looks like in a smoking jacket…

Concur on the motivational points, as he dug his spurs into the players, himself, and the club hierarchy, but his ‘visualisation’ and ‘more than happy if he remains‘ comments were simply incompatible. We might as well put Troy Hawke from the Greeter’s Guild on the bench if we value a smile and cheerfulness that highly. I’ve long accepted that we’re unlikely to recover our outlay on Phillips never mind turn a profit. Wonder what he looks like in a smoking jacket…
Maybe he should have said nothing but he is not going to humiliate the player in public with the transfer window about to open.

He was a terrible signing and should have gone in the summer , I am certain Pep would have told him to leave but Phillips pride or contract made him "give it another go"

Personally I think his career will now bomb, always very overrated as a player, he had one very good season and has made his name of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.