Kalvin Phillips

Maybe he should have said nothing but he is not going to humiliate the player in public with the transfer window about to open.

He was a terrible signing and should have gone in the summer , I am certain Pep would have told him to leave but Phillips pride or contract made him "give it another go"

Personally I think his career will now bomb, always very overrated as a player, he had one very good season and has made his name of that.
He's a very good DM,Pep knows that , he isn't right to be a single pivot in a Pep team. Not sure why you can't understand the difference.No doubt he'll go in January. Whether we replace him in January and who we could replace him with in January is a far more difficult thing to predict.

Last edited:
Maybe he should have said nothing but he is not going to humiliate the player in public with the transfer window about to open.

He was a terrible signing and should have gone in the summer , I am certain Pep would have told him to leave but Phillips pride or contract made him "give it another go"

Personally I think his career will now bomb, always very overrated as a player, he had one very good season and has made his name of that.
The fear that his career may regress might mean that he feels obliged to stay, which is why a move abroad could be a more advantageous arrangement.

I don’t agree. I don’t watch a lot of Leeds but I’ve seen him for England and he’s unrecognisable. There’s clearly a very good player in there.

And while yes he’s been a flop at City I’ve not even seen enough of him to judge whether he’s been bad or not. He’s simply never played. Not like he’s played week in week out and been awful.

Hard sale only.

Youngish, current international, who can’t get into the best team in the world.

Want him? Go to the window and pay the fee!
Real Madrid did it for years. Chelsea still does it. And they are not even particularly good.

The fear that his career may regress might mean that he feels obliged to stay, which is why a move abroad could be a more advantageous arrangement.
I would say a move a broad is the last thing he needs and if reports are true anything out of sight of the Pennines and he goes into full panic mode.

I don’t agree. I don’t watch a lot of Leeds but I’ve seen him for England and he’s unrecognisable. There’s clearly a very good player in there.

And while yes he’s been a flop at City I’ve not even seen enough of him to judge whether he’s been bad or not. He’s simply never played. Not like he’s played week in week out and been awful.
He's a plodder for me, the game is evolving again, lots of young, pacey, energetic cm players, he looks so flat footed.

One thing I will say, he can be a very good long range passer when he is on his game.

I would say a move a broad is the last thing he needs and if reports are true anything out of sight of the Pennines and he goes into full panic mode.
He's back in regular touch with his dad, who, I believe, may be due for release in the near future.
There's no way he's going to move far away from his dad's jail or his family. I fully expect him to go to Newcastle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.