Kalvin Phillips

I don’t agree. I don’t watch a lot of Leeds but I’ve seen him for England and he’s unrecognisable. There’s clearly a very good player in there.

And while yes he’s been a flop at City I’ve not even seen enough of him to judge whether he’s been bad or not. He’s simply never played. Not like he’s played week in week out and been awful.
Totally agree, thats my thoughts on Phillips and I was really diaappointed Pep didnt give him the chance in the team at villa with Rodri being out im sure he'd have been better suited than a half fit Stones.

Apparently according to the Sun he is Top of United's shoppiong list next summer.

Honestly. I kid you not.

I don’t agree. I don’t watch a lot of Leeds but I’ve seen him for England and he’s unrecognisable. There’s clearly a very good player in there.

And while yes he’s been a flop at City I’ve not even seen enough of him to judge whether he’s been bad or not. He’s simply never played. Not like he’s played week in week out and been awful.

Yep, that sounds like good sense. If Kalvin had been given four or five games in succession as a starter, and had been taken off in the second half two or three of those times because he was having a mare, I'd feel more qualified to judge him as useless. Such a thing has never, ever happened, since he arrived.
Now Pep hasn't been picking him, so Pep must be seeing something during the week that really doesn't impress him. It's the only possible conclusion. That's why I think that public declaration by Pep is odd. You don't apologise to a player for not picking them, surely? It's a hard, hard world, the world of professional football. Many kids whose whole dream has been to play for their boyhood team are discarded at fourteen, sixteen, eighteen, etc. The vast majority, in fact. They are devastated. Some of them can take years to get over it. Some of them never quite get over it. I've seen this fairly close-up, as it happens, with a friend's daughter.
But anyway, that's Pep's decision, and it concerns only him and the player. For myself, even when he played, he didn't seem that bad. Perhaps just not good enough for City.

I wonder if the talk of Phillips possibly going to Juventus has anything to do with Rabiot’s situation. He’s out of contract in the summer and yet to sign an extension, though the mood music from Turin appears to be that he might agree to extend, even on the same terms. Maybe it’s chatter there to strengthen Juventus’ position. Or, would we be tempted to take Rabiot (28) and give them Phillips (28) and some cash for a January deal? All hypothetical of course.
Ooh no thanks.
Phillips need to go (for his and our sake), but there's something not right about Rabiot. Can't put my finger on what, but it's a pass for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.