Kalvin Phillips

Sorry, but I can't feel for him when Pep more or less told him to go on loan before the season started.

He's under contract at City. If any suggested loan / move wasn't to his liking, why should he go?

Somebody at the club offered him a future as a player when he signed for us. His biggest mistake was believing it.

The lad was never good enough for elite level. The fact that he does OK for England simply shows how poor international football is.

I personally don't think any of Alanji or Stones are better Central Midfielders than Kalvin. I think he is simply a victim of one of Pep's over expressive imagination on what football can be.

And for that reason I am sad for him. Yes he may not be at the level of some of our mids, but he is clearly at or above the level of most of not all of our defenders.

He's under contract at City. If any suggested loan / move wasn't to his liking, why should he go?

Somebody at the club offered him a future as a player when he signed for us. His biggest mistake was believing it.

The lad was never good enough for elite level. The fact that he does OK for England simply shows how poor international football is.
I didn't say I blamed him. Just that I can't feel bad for him that he's not playing when the writing was on the wall.

Looks like his farewell performance against Red Star , ive no axe to grind with Phillips , wrong place , wrong time for him , he isnt a bad player by any stretch of the imagination , Pep just doesnt fancy him.
Wouldnt be surprised if the ripped it up at his next club who maybe can play to his strengths , and wish the lad well and if he can get regular football he will have major part to play for England in the Euro's.

Looks like his farewell performance against Red Star , ive no axe to grind with Phillips , wrong place , wrong time for him , he isnt a bad player by any stretch of the imagination , Pep just doesnt fancy him.
Wouldnt be surprised if the ripped it up at his next club who maybe can play to his strengths , and wish the lad well and if he can get regular football he will have major part to play for England in the Euro's.
I’m not sure he will start tonight, personally.

Can see Guardiola giving Kovacic and Nunes time in the middle together rather than Phillips. They certainly need it.

Hopefully he’ll be out of the door on January 1 rather than hanging around until the end of the window, as it’s just an unhealthy situation now.

I’m not sure he will start tonight, personally.

Can see Guardiola giving Kovacic and Nunes time in the middle together rather than Phillips. They certainly need it.

Hopefully he’ll be out of the door on January 1 rather than hanging around until the end of the window, as it’s just an unhealthy situation now.
All of them will start, I think it's a no brainer. Phillips instead of Rodri, Kovacic as... well, Kovacic or Bernardo and Nunes as that sort of second striker what Alvarez does mostly. And I guess Bobb or Alvarez next to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.