Kalvin Phillips

For me, he's just not capable of passing through the opposition lines. He's predictable and slow on the ball and only goes backwards and sideways.

When he does try something it usually ends up in a throw to the opposition.

Possibly a combination of factors but I think he lacks the football IQ level which is required to compete with Rodri.

Tbh he is probably my fave none city player and I always think every team should have a David batty in their midfield
I don't think for a minute Batty would make a PG team. To be in Pep's midfield you have to receive and pass the ball very quickly, this involves high ball skills and fast mental/vision skills to "see" your next pass. Kalvin Phillips isn't great at this and I don't think Batty was.
Rico, Rodri, Stones etc. can all do this. Kovacic is getting much better at it after struggling at first.

Alan Smith went from one to the other as the club only accepted the rag offer as it was more money up front when they were skint.
And look what’s happened to smith ! His name is dirt in Leeds and even his grandparents who were season ticket holders basically fucked him off . Can you imagine Phil foden signing for Utd or even rashford coming to us . Sonetines money is not everything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.