Kalvin Phillips

An English International player, one of the first names on Southgate's team sheet and well accustomed to playing alongside renowned names in the game, and obviously available for transfer at a price substantially below what we paid for him, yet no-one wants to know.
Something must have happened behind the scenes, something that we are not meant to know but that something is common enough knowledge to other clubs Manager's and Directors.
How else can it all be explained?
Not good enough for the best teams and would be a big investment for the mid to lower Prem teams in terms of fee and (more so) wages.

Think that's all it is.

An English International player, one of the first names on Southgate's team sheet and well accustomed to playing alongside renowned names in the game, and obviously available for transfer at a price substantially below what we paid for him, yet no-one wants to know.
Something must have happened behind the scenes, something that we are not meant to know but that something is common enough knowledge to other clubs Manager's and Directors.
How else can it all be explained?

Nothing personal but, What a lot of old bollocks

"bad injury "

He had a shoulder issue, unpleasant but could have been considerably worse and hardly any threat to his career.
It was more than an "unpleasant shoulder issue". He needed invasive surgery on it and he was out for five months. The same thing basically saw Alvaro Negredo off and, as far as I can remember, he didn't need surgery. He scored 23 goals in 35 games between August and January in the 13/14 season but after that shoulder/back injury he picked up against West Ham in the cup it took him another two-and-a-half years (and over 100 more games) to score another 23 goals. And if Phillips' injury was even half as bad then you can see why his form and fitness have both gone off a cliff.

It was more than an "unpleasant shoulder issue". He needed invasive surgery on it and he was out for five months. The same thing basically saw Alvaro Negredo off and, as far as I can remember, he didn't need surgery. He scored 23 goals in 35 games between August and January in the 13/14 season but after that shoulder/back injury he picked up against West Ham in the cup it took him another two-and-a-half years (and over 100 more games) to score another 23 goals. And if Phillips' injury was even half as bad then you can see why his form and fitness have both gone off a cliff.
Didn't negredo have other issues though?
Like trouble with his Todger . Or where he had it.

"bad injury "

He had a shoulder issue, unpleasant but could have been considerably worse and hardly any threat to his career.
I have fractured my shoulder socket and clavicle, that was 3 years ago and I am still not right. I am not a professional footballer but I am an avid runner and I am nowhere near I was before the injury, it effects the whole of that side of the body. since doing it I have had a run of muscle injuries on that side - which I never had before - bodies compensate for “big” injuries and it’s not something you think about, it’s subconscious, so this could be impacting Kalvin

Nothing personal but, What a lot of old bollocks
He just isn’t good enough for us and that’s about it . Like I’ve said before playing for England and Leeds is nowhere near the level of Man City I mean when you think about it I would say Man City would win the World Cup if we went with our squad . Shane it didn’t work for the lad .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.