Kalvin Phillips

He just isn’t good enough for us and that’s about it . Like I’ve said before playing for England and Leeds is nowhere near the level of Man City I mean when you think about it I would say Man City would win the World Cup if we went with our squad . Shane it didn’t work for the lad .
Agree. In a squad of 20+ there will always be fringe players. Add in an injury and the fact the starting player in your position is one of the best in the world and a player like Philips is going to struggle. Its part of the nature of having a squad.

We paid a big fee and he will be on decent wages so no guarantee another club will come up with enough money. Its the way the modern game is. If he stays fine. If he goes I will wish him well.

It was more than an "unpleasant shoulder issue". He needed invasive surgery on it and he was out for five months. The same thing basically saw Alvaro Negredo off and, as far as I can remember, he didn't need surgery. He scored 23 goals in 35 games between August and January in the 13/14 season but after that shoulder/back injury he picked up against West Ham in the cup it took him another two-and-a-half years (and over 100 more games) to score another 23 goals. And if Phillips' injury was even half as bad then you can see why his form and fitness have both gone off a cliff.
Form and fitness may have gone off a cliff but he's still fit enough to figure on the bench most games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.