Kalvin Phillips

If we can’t get decent money for him then a loan to a club like West Ham makes sense.

For me, rather than asking for a loan fee wouldn’t it be better to stipulate that he cannot play against us and also insert a recall clause just in case we get hit with a lot of injuries. I remember years ago when Hart was on loan at Birmingham and we couldn’t recall him when we needed to.
He can't play against us when on loan and I think its pretty apparent Pep won't play him if it matters almost whatever the circumstances.

I’m still struggling to understand what benefit we get from allowing him to go out on loan. Clearly we don’t want him and we definitely don’t want him coming back in a years time. He’s 28 now and he’s not going to be worth more money in a years time than he is now so this may the best opportunity to recoup some of the money we spent on him.

Wages, loan fee, shop window…and help the player.

- Not paying the wages frees up money.
- The loan fee basically covers his FFP amortization.

In short, you’ve got him off your books and you’ve put him in the shop window, which hopefully helps keep the fee up, because he has a better chance of playing for England if he’s playing football.

Wages, loan fee, shop window…and help the player.

- Not paying the wages frees up money.
- The loan fee basically covers his FFP amortization.

In short, you’ve got him off your books and you’ve put him in the shop window, which hopefully helps keep the fee up, because he has a better chance of playing for England if he’s playing football.
Spot on.
And a (potentially) good Euros increases the demand!
Our success actually helps, because people think he still has a significant value; just that he couldn't break in to a midfield with Rodri, Gundo, Bernardo, De Bruyne etc...
They will argue 'few would' get in that midfield.

Also Hammers have seen how well Ward-Prowse has done. That might encourage them.

For Phillips himself, he NEEDS to move asap.
With Henderson moving there might be one spot in the Euro squad. If Henderson does well in Holland then it makes it harder for Phillips, you would have thought.

However that's down to Southgate and he'll likely take both because they played well 3 years ago against San Marino!!!!!!

I’m still struggling to understand what benefit we get from allowing him to go out on loan. Clearly we don’t want him and we definitely don’t want him coming back in a years time. He’s 28 now and he’s not going to be worth more money in a years time than he is now so this may the best opportunity to recoup some of the money we spent on him.
I think it's more for Kalvin's benefit tbh. Nobody wants to buy him and we're never going to play him so his chances of going to the Euros are fucked. We're trying to get him minutes so he can get on the plane, hopefully he'll have a decent tournament and we can recoup some of the fee for him.

He’s barely played for 18 months so nobody is going to be beating down the door to buy him. Best option is likely either a flat loan or a loan to buy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.