Kalvin Phillips

I wouldn’t think we need someone as he’s hardly featured. An academy player can take his squad place for the experience.
We still need cover for Rodri because as sure as night and day he will be sent off before season ends and then we are in trouble especially with stones still being out . Like to see kova get stuck in abit more though .

We still need cover for Rodri because as sure as night and day he will be sent off before season ends and then we are in trouble especially with stones still being out . Like to see kova get stuck in abit more though .

Yeah

Although the truth is the backup wouldn't be that close to Rodri's level, firstly because who is? And if anyone is, they'd be a starter and main player elsewhere.

But they don't need to be elite, they need to be very suitable for our game with the right skill set to do the job.

I don't think the fact Phillips hardly played is a reflection on his overall ability as a footballer. I think Pep just sussed out very quickly that he doesn't fit into the way we play and that happens, there's a lot of very good players that don't fit certain teams. We clearly misjudged his ability to do what we needed from him in our system.

That's why I dont think a backup for Rodri has to be necessary much better than Phillips in terms of overall levels as a player, just a lot more suitable to that role and fit in our system when required. If we do actively look at a Rodri backup, that's what the club needs to get right next time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.