Kalvin Phillips

How we remember when the Grealish thread was just like this one. Get a grip, it's like you're willing one of our own to fail. What is all that about?

People saying he's not very good does not mean people are willing him to fail. I've not noticed anyone do that. In fact, almost everyone has said they'd love him to come good.

40 pages deep and the season is still a few weeks away.

Look, the lad is never going to usurp Rodri, there's not a 6 in football that would be willing to come here that could. The first half of the season is going to be massive for him, has to take every opportunity he is given as I see Pep having no qualms in using Kovacic as our 6 in Rodri's absence/bringing him on to shore us up if game is close(assuming he's not started) if he's not up to it. Look forward to seeing if the lad can get his game up to the required level.

Yeah maybe with some, fair enough, not with all though.
Oh, that's absolutely true, which is why I said some. I have no problem with constructive criticism, but it is relentless on here at times. This man joined last season and spent a long time out with injury. I'd just ask supporters of his club to give him a break.

once the BM boo boys have you in their sights there’s no escape…

Even if the player in question able to turn around and proving the critics wrong, they will never apologies and will set to rant another player as their next target.

once the BM boo boys have you in their sights there’s no escape…
I think he needs to sort his priorities out.

He's doing a lot of media work at the moment promoting his documentary (who thought of that idea?)

By all means he's clever enough to already be looking for careers after his time in the game is over.

I would like to see him develop under Pep to be the best he can. But as you say, I think BM and the match day thread have found their new FFS.

Despite complianingbabiut his media work this is a good interview done by someone who's actually interested in him and not some clickbait chasing headlines.

I think he needs to sort his priorities out.

He's doing a lot of media work at the moment promoting his documentary (who thought of that idea?)

By all means he's clever enough to already be looking for careers after his time in the game is over.

I would like to see him develop under Pep to be the best he can. But as you say, I think BM and the match day thread have found their new FFS.

Despite complianingbabiut his media work this is a good interview done by someone who's actually interested in him and not some clickbait chasing headlines.

I suppose if he’s doing all this media work in his own time then there’s no issue for me. As long as he’s grafting each and every day in training to improve, and there’s no doubts he needs to if he’s serious about remaining here, then I’m willing to give him my support.
It may turn out that he will never quite be able to make the step up and if that’s the case then hopefully he finds a club that suits him and we move on. Being good enough for the majority of PL clubs is one thing, being good enough for us is a totally different kettle of fish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.