Kalvin Phillips

Funny, I just watched that yesterday and thought he didn't do too bad.

Rewatched the highlights a couple of hours ago. Gets the ball surrounded by players in midfield in the first half, obvious thing to do is to play a short ball to his right, or back. Without looking, he flips round and switches the ball right out to the right wing ( his left — he started with his back completely turned on the opposition half), where Palmer is in acres of space. Straight to his feet, that led to a clear chance, which he was also involved in, since he immediately set off to get into the box, takes the return, and has a shot, which wasn't great, but wasn't bad (he's no Rodri, that's for sure). It was so slick that at first I thought it had to be someone else. Now he might have done other inept things in the match — I'm not saying — but if he's a total pub player, he doesn't do that. He also looked pretty clumsy in defence at one point, to be fair, when he runs into the back of an opposition player.
The club is entitled to expect something pretty decent for £45-50 million. All I ask is that we give him a little bit more time. It may well turn out that he simply isn't up to our standard.

So horrible we lost the first game.
I don't understand that response. Can we not win a game with a player playing horribly? He was shit. His concentration levels are poor, and that hasnt changed from last year yet.

Funny, I just watched that yesterday and thought he didn't do too bad.
Thats the fun of football! He misplaced passes, was slow to recover and his concentration was poor. He played one nice pass in behind and I thought that was it.

I don't understand that response. Can we not win a game with a player playing horribly? He was shit. His concentration levels are poor, and that hasnt changed yet.

Getting fucking tedious now - you don't rate him, along with half of BM posters .

How many more times do you need to keep digging him out ?

I don't understand that response. Can we not win a game with a player playing horribly? He was shit. His concentration levels are poor, and that hasnt changed from last year yet.
First game back like the rest. Akanji wasn't brilliant first game either.

First game back like the rest. Akanji wasn't brilliant first game either.
That's completely fair. I wasn't bothered by him being bad, he just was bad. I think my history with him is benefit of the doubt mostly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.