Kalvin Phillips

I suppose if he’s doing all this media work in his own time then there’s no issue for me. As long as he’s grafting each and every day in training to improve, and there’s no doubts he needs to if he’s serious about remaining here, then I’m willing to give him my support.
It may turn out that he will never quite be able to make the step up and if that’s the case then hopefully he finds a club that suits him and we move on. Being good enough for the majority of PL clubs is one thing, being good enough for us is a totally different kettle of fish.
He comes across as a sound lad from the school of hard knocks.

Touchwood he'll be breakout player this season when he gets his chance.

I think he'll start against Arsenal.

He comes across as a sound lad from the school of hard knocks.

Touchwood he'll be breakout player this season when he gets his chance.

I think he'll start against Arsenal.
I hope not, unless we wanna loose another shield.

I'm not sure tactically how we'll look to play this season. In pre-season so far it's felt as though we're keen to get midfielders "underlapping" and pushing forwards with our wide men staying wide and playing a more rigid role. If that's the case, and we look to have the balance through defenders pushing into the middle and there's more freedom to our midfielders game then there's the opportunity for Kalvin to slot in there, being aggressive on the front foot and winning the ball high up the pitch, knowing there's support behind him.

Having watched his documentary, he's a very quiet and humble lad and it makes me want him to succeed here more than ever. But I felt a lack of confidence from him, which I wouldn't say was there with Grealish. I'm sure Grealish had self-doubt at times, but I think deep down he was confident he could make an impact. Ultimately, being English we'll recover most of our money if he doesn't work out. Perrone looks good. Kovacic has slotted in well, and arguably we're more able to cover for Rodri anyway.

I stopped posting on that thread then had a little gander at his new one for this season and the same fucknuggets are still at it even after he was one of the players of the year in a treble winning season.
I like that one, ‘fucknuggets’. Haven’t heard that one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.