Kalvin Phillips

I would like to think that the coaching staff sit down and assess all possible options in a professional way before any deals are agreed. Some will have been convinced that Lavia had the aptitude and ability to make the grade with us, especially those who had invested the most time with him, whereas others will have argued that he was too inexperienced and that we needed someone different to bridge the gap. We get most of the decisions correct but we don't get all of them correct. I'd like to think, however, that we're professional enough to sit down and work out why this one didn't work out.

If that was the case, it would've been much more logical to send Lavia out on loan rather than sell him at such a young age. He went for about £10m + add ons. If he was so highly regarded by coaching staff and Pep, would we be letting a young prospect go for that fee when he could've easily gone out on loan?

I know we had a clause to buy him back for 40 million but that was really in the event he become an outstanding player and we could get an outstanding player for still relatively cheap in this day and age, but the fact we actually sold him for what we did when it wasn't really necessary to sell probably means we didn't actually fancy him that much

I also heard that on the radio while driving home. That Alex Crook is a rag, and when he was reading his script he clearly says City will cover his wages. In the background, you could hear Danny Murphy begin to question that but quickly stop. It's all a game on that show. Remember: Talksport - Designed For Confrontation.

They had the same shite on this morning (going to work) Brazil and McCoist were having the same discussion and the story at that time was that West Ham are covering all the wages.

Remember: Talksport - Designed For Confrontation.
Talksport- Designed for fuckwits and morons

Great to see many blues wish him well even though it’s not worked out. All blues ask for is effort & respect & kalvin gave us that

Genuinely our worst ever signing considering how shite he is, how little he played and how much we paid for him.
Whenever I read posts like this I am reminded of Roque Santa Cruz. I‘m not saying you’re wrong about Phillips but if RSC isn’t our worst signing ever he must be high up the list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.