Kalvin Phillips

Some guy on talkshite think his name is Cook the rag,said we are covering all his wages why would we do that ?

Originally the deal was that West Ham paid but now Omar has gone, no one had any idea of what they are doing and we didn’t read the paperwork and now we’re paying it.

Only joking, it could be we got a high loan fee but we cover wages or someone has just reported it wrong.

I wouldn’t worry I’m sure someone at the club still know what they are doing!

Good spot. Just checked that. Phillips to us on July 4th 2022 and Lavia to Southampton on July 6th 2022. Of course, some coaches might have been arguing Lavia's case beforehand.
think it just came down to experience, Lavia needed (and still does arguably) about 50 games investing in him to learn how to control from the lone 6 as Pep needs. a great ball winning, but not a playmaker yet.

he would have been fine to stay if we went to this box midfield/4231 earlier i reckon.

I just hope the lad can get his career back on track and I wish him all the very best. Except for the future occasions he faces City of course. But out of all the players Pep's signed since arriving, only KP, and Nolito can be classed as outright flops. Not a bad record that is it?

think it just came down to experience, Lavia needed (and still does arguably) about 50 games investing in him to learn how to control from the lone 6 as Pep needs. a great ball winning, but not a playmaker yet.

he would have been fine to stay if we went to this box midfield/4231 earlier i reckon.
It’s a pity he left. I’m hoping that we’ll see more youngsters come through in the next couple of seasons and be given a chance. There will always be really top players that we feel we need to add, but we’re seeing through players such as Foden, Palmer, McAtee, Lewis, and Bobb that years coming through the system gives them an incredibly high degree of football intelligence so that they know instinctively where to go on the pitch and where and when to pass. Physicality and stamina can come with experience, but genuine football intelligence, of the kind we need at our level, is much harder to obtain.

Good spot. Just checked that. Phillips to us on July 4th 2022 and Lavia to Southampton on July 6th 2022. Of course, some coaches might have been arguing Lavia's case beforehand.

I highly doubt Phillips would have trained the day after signing a contract. Or Lavia the day before signing his, he'd have been away doing medicals. I call underhand bullshit. But people here will jump at believing it though, anything to shit on the player or moan about is always welcome.

I highly doubt Phillips would have trained the day after signing a contract. Or Lavia the day before signing his, he'd have been away doing medicals. I call underhand bullshit. But people here will jump at believing it though, anything to shit on the player or moan about is always welcome.
I would like to think that the coaching staff sit down and assess all possible options in a professional way before any deals are agreed. Some will have been convinced that Lavia had the aptitude and ability to make the grade with us, especially those who had invested the most time with him, whereas others will have argued that he was too inexperienced and that we needed someone different to bridge the gap. We get most of the decisions correct but we don't get all of them correct. I'd like to think, however, that we're professional enough to sit down and work out why this one didn't work out.

Some guy on talkshite think his name is Cook the rag,said we are covering all his wages why would we do that ?

I also heard that on the radio while driving home. That Alex Crook is a rag, and when he was reading his script he clearly says City will cover his wages. In the background, you could hear Danny Murphy begin to question that but quickly stop. It's all a game on that show. Remember: Talksport - Designed For Confrontation.

They had the same shite on this morning (going to work) Brazil and McCoist were having the same discussion and the story at that time was that West Ham are covering all the wages.

Remember: Talksport - Designed For Confrontation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.