Kalvin Phillips

He was in the dressing room post game. Stones posted a picture with him. I have no ill will toward him but I can’t decide if that’s weird or not.

I can't believe what a shit take that is!

Stones and Phillips are England colleagues at minimum. City players together and most likely friends off the pitch. Professional football is a small world, really.

Do you think life stops for everyone outside of the City grounds?

I guess nobody exists for you when you close your doors at home!?

I can't believe what a shit take that is!

Stones and Phillips are England colleagues at minimum. City players together and most likely friends off the pitch. Professional football is a small world, really.

Do you think life stops for everyone outside of the City grounds?

I guess nobody exists for you when you close your doors at home!?
Oh, my comment wasn’t intended to be a judgement about him. I get they are super good friends and I’m sure Stones was happy to have him there. I just wondered if Phillips felt weird being there - obviously this year hasn’t turned out the way he wanted. And I’m sure it’s hard to see your friends celebrating and being a part of something for which you were on the periphery. Imo, being in the locker room would have been hard for Phillips, as that feels more private to those players. I wouldn’t have thought twice about him on the field with friends and family.

Ultimately, my comment was more about me feeling badly that he might feel uncomfortable/sad/etc.

Oh, my comment wasn’t intended to be a judgement about him. I get they are super good friends and I’m sure Stones was happy to have him there. I just wondered if Phillips felt weird being there - obviously this year hasn’t turned out the way he wanted. And I’m sure it’s hard to see your friends celebrating and being a part of something for which you were on the periphery. Imo, being in the locker room would have been hard for Phillips, as that feels more private to those players. I wouldn’t have thought twice about him on the field with friends and family.

Ultimately, my comment was more about me feeling badly that he might feel uncomfortable/sad/etc.

Better explained and I'd agree with the awkward feeling of 'contribution'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.