Kalvin Phillips

Really feel for the lad, but he needs to move on for his own sake and ours. I genuinely hope he finds happiness somewhere else.

I don't think we have ruined him. I think he was always at his level, but maybe had others around him that made him look better. He does seem like a great guy. But we will only know once he does leave and see if he bad mouths us.

One trait that nobody can deny is his ability to hide behind an opposition player.
Playing out from the back, he has a habit of moving to a position that he isn't available to accept the ball.
It's like he his marking a player instead of moving into space. Once seen, i cannot watch him without seeing it every game.

One trait that nobody can deny is his ability to hide behind an opposition player.
Playing out from the back, he has a habit of moving to a position that he isn't available to accept the ball.
It's like he his marking a player instead of moving into space. Once seen, i cannot watch him without seeing it every game.

When I first noticed it I thought I was maybe just being unfair and looking for issues; but it happens so much it can't be coincidence.

Imagine being a footballer at the highest level but your confidence is so shot that you start doing that as a kind of survival tactic. Whatever front he puts up, that can't be a happy place to be.

Like you say if he's interested in salvaging his career as a player he really needs to find a new home where he can not just rediscover some form but also the desire to be on the pitch and impacting games.

Really feel for the lad, but he needs to move on for his own sake and ours. I genuinely hope he finds happiness somewhere else.

I don't think we have ruined him. I think he was always at his level, but maybe had others around him that made him look better. He does seem like a great guy. But we will only know once he does leave and see if he bad mouths us.

Same. It's not Kalvin's fault he's not on the level required to play at City. He didn't suddenly become a shell of himself overnight, he just was never good enough to begin with.

This might be the most disastrous transfer I can remember our board making in a long while when you factor in wages, contract length, and the fact that Rodri is getting run into the ground because Phillips can't even spell him in the cup games without us looking like we're playing with 10 men.

Need to move him on this summer and quickly. Would sell him for £10m if that was the offer (doubtful that any club would want to buy him though). Leeds not getting promoted kind of fucked us over because they were the one club that might've been interested in a permanent transfer this summer.

Same. It's not Kalvin's fault he's not on the level required to play at City. He didn't suddenly become a shell of himself overnight, he just was never good enough to begin with.

This might be the most disastrous transfer I can remember our board making in a long while when you factor in wages, contract length, and the fact that Rodri is getting run into the ground because Phillips can't even spell him in the cup games without us looking like we're playing with 10 men.

Need to move him on this summer and quickly. Would sell him for £10m if that was the offer (doubtful that any club would want to buy him though). Leeds not getting promoted kind of fucked us over because they were the one club that might've been interested in a permanent transfer this summer.
Factor in the sale of Lavia as well and it is even more disastrous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.