Kalvin Phillips

"This fuker"
"Bad smell"

The lads a City player.
Reading this thread it seems that we are terrible at identifying real talent, which obviously we are not because if you haven't noticed, being City fans , we get the majority right. One or two are not going to workout the way we want them to.

Playing out from the back, he has a habit of moving to a position that he isn't available to accept the ball.
It's like he his marking a player instead of moving into space. Once seen, i cannot watch him without seeing it every game
Unfortunately that's the way I saw it too - no idea if he was just terrified of making a mistake
Didn't watch enough of him at Leeds to know if that's the way he played there, but if he did our scouting report was way off.
Needs a change of scenery to revive his career, and wish him all the best - situation isn't all his fault

It's not as if he's "crap" because he wouldn't ever got as far as he has to catch the eye of City. City are the loftiest football club in the world, right now. It takes levels of self assurance to play with pressure that none of us on BM can comprehend or we'd be out there in his place.

I think Phillips has a mental block and is, possibly, suffering from 'Imposters Syndrome'; where he doubts he should be worthy of where he is. Maybe Grealish is suffering a little bit of the same (I thought he's said as much before?).

I find it ridiculous reading the arseholes that tear him down when they're not out there doing his job.
Excuse me and let this "arsehole" have a say. I am not really concerned if he suffers from imposters syndrome or whatever syndrome you care to mention but this was far from an inspired choice of signing for us. Now maybe we can be excused for believing he was better than what has transpired but I would not have stumped up what we did and offer such a lucrative contract. His performances for England were overestimated and I personally could not see how he set the place on fire at Leeds. I think I and others are entitled to what is fair comment and I have no wish to tear the lad, a nice chap by all accounts, down.
Not sure why you mention Jack who I think has done well for us but as I have often stated in the past we overpaid for.

He does need to leave however...for the sake of his own career as much as anything...he aint getting game time with us and is taking up a squad place and wages when essentially he brings nothing to the playing side of the squad.

Same with cancello but with the added issue he causes disharmony in the squad so i feel ok with telling him to do one! ;-)

He won’t be going anywhere unless it’s on loan. He won’t take a wage cut and he still has four years left to run on his deal. We are stuck with him.

It was clear he was never at the level (I said as much when city were linked with him) and it honestly is one of the worst signings in the post takeover era given length of contract reported wages etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.