Kalvin Phillips

I haven't given up on him yet, he is a good player but seems to strive off confidence. If he can get this confidence back then we could have the player we hoped for.

Personally I think Pep would have been better giving him minutes from the bench when the games were secure and build that confidence back.

I haven't given up on him yet, he is a good player but seems to strive off confidence. If he can get this confidence back then we could have the player we hoped for.

Personally I think Pep would have been better giving him minutes from the bench when the games were secure and build that confidence back.

He’s not fit enough or fast enough for a Pep team mate, we got it wrong unfortunately and he just won’t play in our team at any point. We need a new player in there and in a year or two wouldn’t be surprised to see Perrone back at City as he looks better than Phillips

He’s not fit enough or fast enough for a Pep team mate, we got it wrong unfortunately and he just won’t play in our team at any point. We need a new player in there and in a year or two wouldn’t be surprised to see Perrone back at City as he looks better than Phillips

He is fit and fast enough the problem with him is his reaction are to slow he dwells on the ball far to long and is the reason he has no chance at city

That's where your reaction come from over thinking or not thinking what to do with the ball till it's to late
Exactly. He doesn’t know where to be or what body shape to be in to receive a pass and can’t pass through the lines unless there is no pressure on him.

There’s no doubting he’s a lovely lad, but he’s never going to be good enough to play for us again.

It’s also doubtful if he has the desire to get back to what his best is as he’s getting paid handsomely and he’s won everything he’s ever likely to win.

It's not like he was a £100m player. The amortisation on his fee is only like £1.5m a year less over 6 than it is over 5. Meanwhile we've committed to paying him £8.5m a year for an extra year. Completely stupid business.
Thanks Captain Hindsight.

The more he plays the more apparent is the fact that we are going to take an enormous financial hit to get rid of him.

He is completely broken as a footballer and it will take an incredible personal effort to revive it and I am not sure he has the motivation to do just that.

Exactly. He doesn’t know where to be or what body shape to be in to receive a pass and can’t pass through the lines unless there is no pressure on him.

There’s no doubting he’s a lovely lad, but he’s never going to be good enough to play for us again.

It’s also doubtful if he has the desire to get back to what his best is as he’s getting paid handsomely and he’s won everything he’s ever likely to win.
A free and a huge pay off is the only way we get rid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.