Kalvin Phillips

On a serious note could we ship him out to New York for a year? He might do ok in Yankland and even when you’re from the glistening metropolis that is Leeds, the idea of living in New York for a year must sound appealing.

Certainly could work at times though - depends on who we were up against. Wouldn't want to see Kalvin there against any kind of top team, but it could certainly work against bottom half teams at home.
I said this in the other thread but Pep didn’t even trust Joško to play as a CB last year, his given position and one he has played against high level opposition. No slight on Kalvin, but do people really see this happening?

I said this in the other thread but Pep didn’t even trust Joško to play as a CB last year, his given position and one he has played against high level opposition. No slight on Kalvin, but do people really see this happening?
Seems a well liked guy at the club and very engaging with our fans on tour but he will be a benchwarmer who will only be ever used in an emergency. Quite sad for an ex England regular and us having the smallest squad in the PL

I hope he has a john stones year. Stones was once almost sold but the following year he proved his worth. Give this kid a chance. I think he will be pretty good as a center back.

Don't you put beloved Jonny Boulders in the same bracket as Phillips!! Haha

Stones is quality. He'd shown his level many times over the years before that apparent selling (which was him essentially turning down any move because he wanted to stay) which can't really be said for Phillips.

I hope he can be used, though. Having a centre half who can play good (midfield-esque) passes against a mid-lower table PL side at our place would be a game changer. Teams sit back and let us have the ball, his range could be something useful.

He's here now and nobody wants to come in for him, may as well make use of his assets while limiting the level of opposition who can prey on his shortcomings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.