Kalvin Phillips

A 19 year old was trusted more than an England International.
Speaks volumes.
Must be on his way or Pep thinks he’s only good enough to be water boy.
I sincerely hope he resurrects his career somewhere but unfortunately it’s not going to be with us.
And it’s not o’reilys natural position.
I hop we persist with him. Lost the ball a couple of times but was trying to do the right thing. Needs to adjust to the premier league speed of thought.

And it’s not o’reilys natural position.
I hop we persist with him. Lost the ball a couple of times but was trying to do the right thing. Needs to adjust to the premier league speed of thought.
O’Reilly carries the ball really well, but needs to release it earlier.

I honestly have to admit I prefer players
who want to play football first of all and leave a club if they feel they can offer much more somewhere else (if we like it or not)

to players who aren't arsed if they don't play football at all as long as they pocket their money for jogging around in training and most of all they never say what THEY want to find a way how to achieve it.

That's the difference in the mindset.

I honestly have to admit I prefer players
who want to play football first of all and leave a club if they feel they can offer much more somewhere else (if we like it or not)

to players who aren't arsed if they don't play football at all as long as they pocket their money for jogging around in training and most of all they never say what THEY want to find a way how to achieve it.

That's the difference in the mindset.
Unfortunately in Phillips case I honestly don't think it's down to "he isn't arsed" - it's simply that he's had such a bad run there's zero interest.
Now take Cancelo - I reckon there's been interest but he only wants back to the thieving Spaniards who want to rob us blind by taking him on loan yet again.

At this point loaning him to leeds for a year might not be a bad idea. Pointless him staying here and taking a squad place, pep has zero trust in him, he's more likely to stick carson in net and play ederson in midfield before relying on phillips. Familiar surrounding where he's loved and will be afforded chance after chance even if he fucks up playing at a level that he should dominate could rebuild his confidence and career then if he gets leeds back up and makes it permanent we could get a good chunk of money back on him.
I would genuinely pay extra on my season ticket to watch that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.