Kalvin Phillips

Also the narrative that he is a figure of hate.

He has never been hated
, we all want him to succeed, he wears our shirt , why would we not want him to be successful?

He simply has not performed and it looks more and more like he never will to an acceptable level.
Glad you’ve put that mate, whilst I’m sure there are some, the general feeling I’ve always had from the vast majority of fans is similar to you.

He’s obviously a really nice lad, I’ve watched Leeds more than most as a very good friend of mine RIP was a big Leeds fan, so always wanted them to do well, but I just couldn’t see it in him, just a solid player for a mid table team, I’ve really wanted him to prove me wrong, given he did well for England and the fact Pep decided to go with him, I put my reservations to one side.

From a financial point, I totally get where he’s at, and I think he does too, but he also has to think about his future footballing career too and find a balance here imo.

IF he leaves to another club we only have to pay the difference in wages if his new wage decreases.

Obviously we have to pay the agreed amount if he stays, I never questioned that.
If he is forced out of the club against his will, he would be entitled to full contract value, even if he joined another club.

I suspect your scenario is correct only if he agrees to move, and from what was posted in here yesterday, he has no intention of doing that.

No, Wolves need some bodies in before the deadline, this gives them the chance.

Maybe a chance of McAtee/ Harwood Bellis going there?

Wolves liked Doyle as well? Doyle and THB would benefit Wolves in their current situation imo. Say £30m and Doyle and THB for Nunes?

Or trust. Pep is fast becoming a manager who lacks trust in our backup players. Hence KDB playing the last two months with a hamstring problem. Hopefully Foden has given him a little more faith in having trust in them
The squad is paper thin and obviously Pep will not trust the kids that were on the bench against Newcastle. He has trust issues with Kalvin because he hasnt done enough when he's played, to prove that he is a worthy back up to Rodri. He doesn't have trust issues with Foden. He lost his place last season due to illness and injury. When he came back from his surgery we were more or less into the run in and we then had a settled team, which was the right decision because we won the treble. In Pep we trust.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.