Kalvin Phillips

I can't see any problem with Phillips getting similar wages to what he is on at any PL club and it looks like we could get a big chunk of what we paid for him back. The fly in the ointment is that he is seemingly reluctant to move on so it's a waiting game. I think he is with us until January and by then he might have accepted that he won't be getting any playing time ever and he will then probably go out on loan for the second half of the season.

It's very strange that this has gone so tits up. Transfer can't always be resounding successes but this one has been a disaster.

Probably best for all concerned to move on but i won't blame him if he decides to stay.
After all, we bought him & we were happy for him to sign a contract

I don't believe he actually believes he can stake a claim at City. Rarely have we seen a first team player shunned this badly. We're signing midfielders, where is he even in the peaking order? Rodri, Kovacic, Bernardo, Nunes, Rico would all be ahead of him. It's utter madness the way he's throwing his career away like this.
Maybe he’s saying this because it’s the right thing to say, meantime secretly hoping a decent offer will come along to save his career.

He’s conducted himself well in public and never let his undoubted frustration show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.