Kamala Harris

As for her qualifications for the job, I'm not sure what the perfect CV is but I would think you could do worse than hers. District Attorney, Attorney General, Senator (watch some of her select committee work, there are some great ones for those that think shes stupid), Vice President.

The Trump campaign is trying to get all these messages out about Harris. But it doesn't mean that they have any basis in fact.
If you look at qualifications, then it’s disingenuous to say that Harris doesn’t qualify, especially compared to Trump. Probably used as a talking point, but nothing that any intelligent person would succeed to.

What I find strange is how people would take this talk in, and can only think that there are many out there who are so disenfranchised by the established ways, that they will accept anything other than democracy; they actually want a strongman like Putin as the change might benefit them. After all, they see Xi taking ‘their’ position in the world, even if it was Trump who helped it along.

That last paragraph smacks quite heavily of speaking down to me but I'll nevertheless oblige ;-);
Harris , to me, sounds like she doesn't believe in what she is saying. Not that she says a lot to begin with; no real policies, no conviction, nothing.....

That's not my fault, it's just the way she comes across.
She was a DA. An AG. A Senator. Vice President.

Her qualifications are based on the jobs and experience she’s previously had.

Shouldn’t most jobs be?

Is she my favo(u)rite? No. I’d have preferred Bullock long ago, or Whitmer, or Buttigieg (maybe — I like him but I’d argue he might be under-qualified) or perhaps others.

But who is she running against? The singularly most unfit man in US political history.

It’s not even a choice.

As to your other question, Seb already discussed how nearly all interviews TV or otherwise are edited, whittled down, questions asked over and over, because the story is always snippets. I will be quoted in a major American newspaper tomorrow — I’d bet one or two sentences — out of a 20 minute Q and A session where I was asked the same question three times because the reporter — who’s a new one to the beat — is clearly trying to get me to feed the narrative they’re writing about. I’ve done lots of long transcript interviews too where I actually get to edit what I said but obviously not the case here.

I think if you do not know much about how interviews work (shock, horror, all of Trump’s sit down interviews with the likes of Fox News and Newsmax are heavily edited) and are already looking for something to beat Harris with, then this will seem like a big topic to discuss.

But anyone that knows how these interviews work, and knows Trump is—for the millionth time—being incredibly disingenuous and hypocritical trying to make this a “scandal”, is not really interested in it, because it is yet another attempt at creating a distraction from the batshite crazy and dangerous things he has been saying and threatening to do (and yet another confession through accusation).
Take that exact sentiment and apply to "January 6th" or the " Who won the 2020 election?' question and you get exactly how non- Bluanons feel.

That last paragraph smacks quite heavily of speaking down to me but I'll nevertheless oblige ;-);
Harris , to me, sounds like she doesn't believe in what she is saying. Not that she says a lot to begin with; no real policies, no conviction, nothing.....

That's not my fault, it's just the way she comes across.
The bigger question is would you want Trump for the benefit of this world ?

I've no time for either of them, but I still want her over that tosser, I don't think he believes half the shit he comes out with, but boy does he come out with some lying shit.

And that is a fair question. It was almost by fluke. Biden shit the bed too late in it, primaries and wotnot gone. So the VP got the nod by a combo of default or necessity.

Just hope she manages to best Trump. If she does the machinations of government will abide. If that dangerous prick wins, anything could happen

For what its worth, I think he will get back in
The closer we get the more I agree with you. He is just allowed to lie and lie and people are falling for it.
Worse, she’s agreed to do a Fox News interview. Horrible decision. Absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.

The closer we get the more I agree with you. He is just allowed to lie and lie and people are falling for it.
Worse, she’s agreed to do a Fox News interview. Horrible decision. Absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.
I dont know about that. She certainly wont lose any votes by going on there, its an echo chamber of bollocks for morons. More chance of getting a few votes, but definitely wont lose any. They either come away spitting usual rage and feeling vindicated by it, or the odd semi sensible nutter may think fair play and change of heart. Doubtful like, but she wont harm herself by doing it

I dont know about that. She certainly wont lose any votes by going on there, it’s an echo chamber of bollocks for morons. More chance of getting a few votes, but definitely wont lose any. They either come away spitting usual rage and feeling vindicated by it, or the odd semi sensible nutter may think fair play and change of heart. Doubtful like, but she wont harm herself by doing it
Maybe Fox is preparing for life without him and a return to normal old traditional news?

Ha ha ha sure.

Harris comes across to ne as genuinely wanting to do a decent job. Just like Obama did.

Democrat presidents have to deal with shit created by the republicans every time because republicans since Bush Snr have been shit presidents. And they have to deal with republicans trying to stop them from accomplishing anything cos republicans are poisonous politicians.

I wonder how the world would have ended up had Gore been elected v Bush Jnr. He was a very good candidate. Again it was smart v stupid... I hope this time stupid loses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.