Kaoru Mitoma

He’s still
I think 50-60m for Mitoma would be a weird (does not mean bad) signing. At 26 years old he has not even had one full season at high level, and everyone looks good in Brighton (Solly March has similar numbers and no-one thinks he is a City level player). I like Mitoma, he is a good and exiting player and think he could possibly be a good squad player for us. But if we are signing someone closer to 30 than 20 in age I would prefer it to either be someone more proven. Or just someone younger that presumably has higher potential long term. Mitoma, to me, just feels a bit in the middle. Not young enough that we can expect him to significantly improve, and he has not played enough on a high level for us to have realistic expectations of him becoming more than a squad player, that would warrant a big fee.

With that said, I dont think Mitoma would be a bad signing, he is a good player. I certainly wouldn't complain if we do end up signing him. I would just prefer if we signed either a more proven player who would seriously compete for a starting spot in the big games, or a younger option with more potential/upside long term. Just my opinion :)
quite raw but as attributes that can’t be reached. At 26 and given his late start to his career i think he is someone Pep could really work with and take his game to the next level. Can’t see us signing him though

I'm not seeing what people see in this chap. Never struck me as a 'difference maker' level player.
We shall see, I suppose
What??? Come on mate open your eyes, he plays for Mighty Brighton who are tipped to win the next World Cup and everyfink, all of their players are top top world class, think we should have gone for lewis dunk instead of gvardiol myself, but hey ho time will tell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.